Michael Bradley

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by andypalmer, Sep 28, 2007.

1. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Looks like Michael is improving his offensive game.

Last season, in 21 Eredivisie, 3 EUFA cup and 1 Netherlands Cup game appearances, he scored no goals.

This season he has scored twice in 5 Eredivisie games (a decent strike rate for a midfielder) and twice in his one UEFA Cup game.

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I am excited to see Bradley's growth running up to the 2010 WC. He looks very impressive for his age, and should only get better given the right environment.

3. EricD

EricD New Member

The Bradley - Feilhaber combo in the middle looks great for the future.

4. BC

BC New Member

No doubt. Michael Bradley is becoming one of my favorite USMNT players. The guy plays hard and has lots of skill. I loved watching him tangle with (and at times, shut down) the mighty Ronaldinho!

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yeah, Bradley is one of my favs too - an exciting player to watch. He's a very smart player also; other than he seems to make stupid fouls late in the game. Wish I could watch him play more. Hopefully, he'll be in the prem soon. What does everyone think of his father?

6. jmh

jmh New Member

I wish he hadn't sucked as coach of the Metrostars/Red Bulls, but he'd doing pretty well for the USMNT so far. Won the only tournament we entered and seriously tried to win.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like him so far too, but I'd like to see a team of his have a good result or two away from these shores.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

EVERYONE has and would have sucked as coach of the Mutts. It's the change of ownership AND Bruce Arena, combined!

9. Fern72

Fern72 Member

I agree, Bradley is going to be a good one. He and Dempsey play hard.

10. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Bradley Hat trick!

I just noticed this one,

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 61&cc=5901

Three goals from a midfielder! I'm impressed. Our midfield look like pure crap on Saturday how bout we forget about Parkhurst and bring in Bradley.

edit; looking at the Herrenveen website it appears he's already got seven goals in 16 games played in all competitions this year

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Bradley Hat trick!

Herrenveen uses him much differently than his father does. But here's the result: he's a tough tackling controlling midfielder who can score regularly. Not a bad combo!

12. Clevelandmo

Thanks for the update Spencer. Great news, hope I can find video of the goals somewhere.

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

He's definitely a tireless worker in midfield...a real ball winner. I think if his Daddy turned him loose a little more like his club team does he'd also be a good box to box midfielder. Either way, I love him in the Red, White and Blue. It'd be nice to see him in the Black and White too!

14. chirobob

chirobob New Member

He should stay on Fulham's radar. I don't know if he is quite ready for the EPL. If he comes, I want him to be able to get quality minutes. He desn't need a Feilhaber situation. We do have a void in central mid.

15. BarryP

BarryP New Member

It is good to see him doing well.

16. Fulhamerica1423

Fulhamerica1423 New Member

2 more goals yesterday gives him 15 in all competitions, which is a record for an American overseas. He is going to be one of the best players the U.S. has ever seen.

17. Clevelandmo

I read that too; I believe Beasley had the record previously. It's fantastic. I have to think that it wont be long before he's playing in the EPL and we can watch him on a regular basis.

18. Fulhamerica1423

Fulhamerica1423 New Member

I've been hearing Blackburn and Everton has shown alot of intrest, I think if Bradley holds out until the Summer he could get a top 5 EPL or La Liga team to bite. I saw an interview of a Heerenveen player and he said Bradley was the best player in Holland by far.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow, that's pretty high praise considering some really good players come out of the Dutch leagues.

20. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member