Mich Poll results

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 16, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hillary beats 'Uncommited' by 15%
    - Exit polls showed Obama would have won 73% of black vote, which went to Uncommited, instead.

Romney didnt get trounced by Kos inspired crossovers.
    - Exit polling showed insignificant crossing of party lines. Probably accurate, though problem with that is same as polling of Dem voters anywhere.... they dont always tell the truth, as in 'none of your business!'.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

wasn't a real demo primary, as you know.

I'm really enjoying the fact that three states have spoken [in the Republican camp] and three different candidates -- none of whom ever practiced law in New York -- won.

I'm also enjoying the fact that in both parties, being the front-runner carries the same security as did being ranked #1 in NCAA Basketball did early last season -- a guaranteed loss next time out.

And I'm enjoying the fact that the experts are continually getting it wrong -- primarily because they think that people vote (a) on issues and (b) have only one issue they're concerned about.

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Nothing was resolved on the GOP side in Michigan, but I've got to think Huckabee was dissapointed. Getting distant 3rd was not what he was after so I think he's realizing that he has to do more than just go after the Evangelical vote.

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I think the point was simple in this one... Jesus couldn't help them get out of the financial funk they are in.... but maybe the son of the last Gov. who cared will.

Thats apparently how people vote. Its almost official... The Monster that was "Rudy McRomney" has morphed to Mitt HuckaCain.... or Mitt McAbee.

Rudy is 3 feet tall... not fit to be president.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

You guys put too much into these fore-runners. All they're good for is to shake out the also-rans and to give the serious ones a platform.

It's Super-Tuesday that matters.

At the CURRENT frame of mind, I like:

Mitt
    Rudi
    Fred {would be my first if he actually had a chance}
    McCain

If Huckabee gets The Nomination, I might actually sit it out... I never advocated that before.

6. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

For whatever reason I thought you'd be hardcore whomever you liked... simply because they would align themselves with your beliefs...

I guess it IS true... everyone wants to pick a winner.

I agree with you on Huck. (Squirels in a popcorn popper?)