Media Spec: Hodgson Leaving Fulham?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

The media in England is beginning to speculate whether or not Roy Hodgson will leave Fulham in the near term. Some think he will because of Fulham's budget constraints.

Listen to the London Times' "The GamePodcast" and you'll hear them call Roy Hodgson a MILF and sexy.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/ ... -club.html

2. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

RE: Hodgson Leaving Fulham

I about spilled my coffee when I read the thread. Are we at the silly season already?

3. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Re: RE: Hodgson Leaving Fulham

No, it's called the British press

4. Jensers

Jensers New Member

RE: Re: RE: Hodgson Leaving Fulham

No leaving for Roy... And no leaving for Hang. Its our only hope of keeping this going.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I believe there's a very good chance of the hangman leaving without europe. I hope I'm wrong.

RH will stay.

6. Flamingcokecans

Flamingcokecans New Member

Why did you post this?

This has been in the back of my mind for weeks.... but I was pleasantly letting my self get caught up in our recent fortune with Europe prospects and a couple of away wins. Now I want to cry as I am forced to realize what I had already become aware of (at least subconsciously).

However, I feel that the only job that is worth making the move for would be Chelsea, which would hurt to see us lose one of our greatest managers to our rival, an Italian side, or the England job.

7. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I actually think Hodgson will stay at Fulham for the foreseeable future. Hangeland might stay as well, but less likely than Hodgson remaining... so I agree with what was written by others.

Fulham has the good fortune of being a well managed club, with non-mettling owner, in a nice part of London, and where this isn't the stress of having a whole city or town on your ass week in and week out. Things like this might help keep Hodgson and others at the Cottage.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I'm telling myself Hodgson will stay for the reasons Lyle stated and because the fans are nice and appreciate him - something that might get diluted at a larger more successful club. I'm thinking he's wise enough to appreciate what he has. I do think he would leave us for the England job, however. Let's all hope Fabio does a fabulous job.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Yeesh, could you please put a question mark in the thread title so I don't panic because it looks like you're reporting a news item rather than media speculation? :shock:

10. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Second!

11. FrankTheYank

FrankTheYank New Member

And third.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and Pettyfog fixes the thread!

13. Flamingcokecans

Flamingcokecans New Member

We need to start flooding the Cottage with fan mail for Hodgson.... Anyone else willing to put in $5 for a "donation?"