McCormack Not Fit Enough

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Aug 10, 2014.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Magath says McCormack needs to work on his fitness: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28728929
    I've been worried that McCormack was an acquisition that didn't have Magath's full support, but looked good to others in the organization and they made it happen. Could we end up with another high-priced striker who spends most of his time on the bench?

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think too much of this as it's well-documented that Magath requires a level of fitness in his players that is above and beyond what other managers may require. McCormack will have to get up to speed with the rest of the squad.

COYW

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That is my worry after hearing those post-match comments and twitter's as well--especially after him saying the same thing about Mitroglou every week last season. We'll see, because it is true that McCormack hasn't had much of a pre-season with the team, so he most likely doesn't meet Magath's high fitness standard.

If this signing was above Magath's head that may stem some of the fears that it's Magath's way or the highway at Fulham--so, there's one positive?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Says all you need to know. He had a calf injury, he's not up to Magath's fitness level yet, he started and got pitch time in the first match, it'll be fine.