McCain panders in NOLa

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 25, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

NYT: McCain Faults Bush Response to Gulf Storm

He didnt mention how he would get a professional COO to leave a mid-seven figure job in the private sector to oversee a coterie of nincompoops, chair polishers and little napoleons that he cant fire. For a couple hunnert grand, you get a 'Brown'

Nor did he explain how giving more decision responsibilities to those on site would have helped given the horror stories of aid turned turned back and forbidding evac of nursing homes by those same 'on site' FEMA assholes.

Nor did he explain how he would 'force' a faster response given the incredible level of incompetence displayed by the local political hacks.

Nor did he explain how he and his security apparatus being on site would 'smooth and enable a quicker response. Perhaps someone ought to point out what a nightmare that would have been.. oh, wait, I bet he knows that already.

Switching tactics he and his campaign org, along with the RNC are outraged that the North Carolina republicans are airing Wright's Rants.

Neither seem to be able to explain exactly how that's unfair.. it just doesnt seem 'nice'.

2. pettyfog

..while Dems ignore NOLa to pander to the BIG BUCKS

Glenn Reynolds:

It's sort of confusing. Nagin, more than anyone, knows the Dem congress doesnt give a F about NO.

They already GOT the vote, there. While making a meal to appease the 30% hard-left component of the Dem vote and contributors who want Reid and Pelosi to kiss more Chavez/FARC ass. While pretending they are in support of Colombia Trade Unions.

Chavez and FARC dont WANT the Colombia free-trade.. therefore it aint gonna happen.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

... while the administration WANTS the Colombian trade deal to be fast tracked in order to support AND ALLOW AMERICAN CORPORATIONS TO FURTHER PROFIT FROM a crime-driven society where political change via murder, kidnap, and intimidation is the norm, and EVERYTHING is driven by the money to be made from illegal drugs.

Now, that's traditional family values in action.

Grow up, 'fog. Nobody wants to kiss Chavez's ass. And pretending we have to subsidize more criminal behavior in order not to be perceived as doing so is infantile and purile.

By the way, he said in rising exhaustion, if you have documentary evidence of communications from large scale Democratic Party contributors who tie their support to Reid and Pelosi overt support of Hugo Chavez and the FARC, then please publish it. If you don't -- and I laugh out loud at my use of the word "if" -- then find some other way to try and make the president, the vice president, and the administration look less venal and incompetent than Congressional Democrats. Repeated hyperbole, fellow traveler implications, implausible cause-and-effect relationships, and out-and-out lying just ain't working any more. Just because this bilge is repeated non-stop by the right-wing press doesn't make it any less garbage.

4. pettyfog

Have you bothered RESEARCHING?

Uribe has pretty much done everything congress asked him to do... including drastically cut back the goon squads. Though Al Sadr will tell you it aint all that easy to stop once in place.

And there is a tariff agreement in place now... it's one-way. Considering I think it unlikely that Uribe's press guy would steal congressional blackberries, unlike SOME of our 'friends', where's the love for US affiliates in Latin America?

But the bottom line is Pelosu et co expect OTHER governments to do what SHE cant seem to do. Respond to issues in a timely manner.

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Christ you’re the one who's always complaining about how we constantly look for a victim then you go and over look the people who drown or lost it all and make one out of George Bush. Perhaps McCain just realizes unlike you that the President of the United States ultimately does believe it or not have to accept responsibility for the dismal incompetencies of the government bureaucracies he ultimately oversees and the people he appointed to run them.

6. pettyfog

I aint making a victim out of Bush... he made a decision and got hung out to dry for it. That goes with the territory. And if I'm not mistaken, he pretty much said so. He aint gonna call a press conference and fall on his sword - you have to wait till he's out of office for that- but that's the way it is.
    HOWEVER that does NOT change the facts, nor does it answer any issues of the debacle..

What I'm saying is that it's not clear at all, that anyone.. even McCain.. can make it any better.

And when you can ONLY point to the fact you'll be on the spot, ASAP... that brings up the question: To do WHAT? Well.. what IS he gonna do different?

I made the points above... and perhaps you'll point out where I gave Dubya a pass.. given everyone far right to far left bashed Brown the Clown, where you gonna GET that talent?

'Guvmint is Guvmint'