McBride

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by AtlantaJohn, Apr 4, 2005.

1. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Want to thank the team for ending my week in great fashion, i watched it at my Man U supporters sons house, with my new grandson only a few days old. It was touch and go there for a long time, the defence looked awful for long periods and we were not really creating any chances let alone taking them, and when Steed missed that penalty i was devestated, after watching Fulham for oh to many years I thought we were going to be playing championship football next season. I have one thing to say to my fellow Fulham fans, especially the ones in the UK who frequent the uk site, and that is about Mr Mcbride, after yesterday would you just please lay off of him, he gets hardly any playing time, he does not get much of the limelight, you dont hear him moaning or getting sent off he just goes in and does the business like a true professional that he is, I dont know how many times that man as come off the bench and scored a very important goal in his career, and the goal he got yesterday was about as important as any Fulham have scored in many seasons. I also want to say what a great goal it was to, it was not from 30 yards a it was not a great run, but it was a strikers goal, if you watch the replay he read the play to perfection, he made a goal out of nothing, the back header with 90% of the strikers in the league would have been safe, but by his reading of the situation he made it a goal. He also changed the game, by him coming on the field it opened Boa Morte up go down the left, and Fulham from that point started to cause all sorts of trouble for Pompey, the first goal came form there, and the last. I heard CC say why he did not start him, and it was a good point, but I dont see any reason why this man shpuld not be given the chance he deserves especially after yesterdays 30 minutes, Fulahm with him on the field looked a decnt outfit, before his introduction we most v certainly looked like relegations contenders.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

cheers, john... had a great WE, too...got to see my Crew take apart the poser manager's LA Galaxy and then follow Fulham's result on Sunday..

check your private messages for more!

3. Jux

Jux New Member

Excellent post John...I couldn?t have said it better myself. Having followed Brian?s career since his early Crew days, I admit that I am more than a bit biased when it comes to the amount of playing time he gets. From articles that I have read lately, I think he would genuinely like to stay with Fulham after this season and I hope that he gets his chance to prove his value to the team. Especially since it appears that he will retire from international competition after Germany so that he can concentrate fully on club football.

4. Krista

Krista New Member

I believe that Brian McBride just might be universally loved in the United States.

Saturday night I wore my Fulham scarf to the MetroStars game (natch!). The guy who took my ticket's eyes lit up: "Fulham!?! I LOVE Fulham! Brian McBride is the best!"

I could not agree more. All season long I've been struggling with Cookie's lack of the 4-4-2 and gross under-use of McBride. I hope he's seeing the light most everyone has seen for a very long time -- put Brian in and he'll work his tail off to get it done!