McBride returns to form..

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Oct 13, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

.. against his old team, natch!
    Doing the other of his two specialties... collecting garbage with perfect positioning.
    It was GBS and Robbie Rogers reversing roles on a counter that gave Schelotto the 'McBride-like' perfect header goal on a cross by Rogers.
    With both Houston and NE tying, also, Crew ended up with a 2-2 tie at Bridgeview remaining 10 points clear for the Season Championship clinch.

McBride goals
    GBS header

Actually I recommend THIS clip... check Gaven's goal!
    Game {really McBride} Hilites

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

How does a defender lose sight of McBride in dead ball situations? He just sort of ghosted into position on both his goals. Nice stuff.

I was very impressed with GBS's reaction to his goal. All attention directed to Rogers for the assist.

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

That was a sweet cross by Rodgers.

Don, I agree, McBride had WAY too much space for someone who is dangerous around the goal. Nice to see him score again though. :)

4. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I have not seen the highlights yet but one of the things I like about GBS is his class on the field. He does talk a lot to the officials, especially if he feels he is being fouled repetitively, but even that is usually in an understated and respectful manner. I like players who conduct themselves in a professional manner on the pitch and GBS fits the mold of a professional player in my opinion.