May 9th Craven Cottage!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by 2003SCT, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 2003SCT

2003SCT New Member

Hey guys,

My name is Chris and I am from Las Vegas, NV and I will finally be able to attend my first Premier League match on May 9th at the Cottage. I am pretty stoked for it(and being able to visit London for 11 days or so). Does anyone have any tips for me, things to do, things to not do:) ?

First time being in Europe as well, so I know I have some reading up to do. Looks like my seats are Johnny Haynes Stand in the upper section of A so that looks pretty reasonable for view.

Any tips would be well appreciated.

Thanks in advance

CHRIS

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Chris,

Go to the members list [left column] and pm American Mike. He'll provide you with the information you need.

Welcome to the site. How did you settle on Fulham and how did you find us?

3. 2003SCT

2003SCT New Member

Thanks...I will pm him.

Well, i grew up playing competitive soccer/football much of my young life. Fast forward a number of years (I am 29), I got FSC and started watching the Premiership out of curiosity. I gravitated towards Man City since I knew some people that were avid fans and I always wanted to go see a match. When I made my plans to go to London on vacation, I looked to see if I could see a match in London and the Fulham v. Villa match was available so I took it. To be honest, I haven't had any real affiliation with any teams but spending a day at the Cottage may change that. Found this site simply by searching..and it might have even been linked from the Premier League website but I can't remember.

Cant wait tho..

CHRIS

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

It just may, it did for me. Welcome to FulhamUSA

5. 2003SCT

2003SCT New Member

Thanks Jim,

I am taking my sister and even though she isn't a football fan per se, I am hoping that she has a ton of fun and of course same here. Though I played a lot, I have been to almost no actual pro matches. And I rechecked and my section is AL actually.

CHRIS

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Just be sure not to get off the tube at Fulham Broadway, its proximity to Chelsea's stadium might make you sick

7. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Hey Chris

It's a pity your not around the Saturday before (May 2nd) we play Cheslea at Stamford Bridge and i'll be attending that match but have to fly back to the US on the 9th otherwise I would have given you a guided tour of Fulham.

Theres lots to do and see and Craven cottage is wonderful ENJOY!

8. 2003SCT

2003SCT New Member

I hear the seats aren't very comfortable so my one question is should I bring one of those seat cushion things to see people use at events or are most people standing the whole time?
    CHRIS

9. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I wouldnt if I was you, you wont be sitting the whole time this is Football British style most people get up and down the whole game,I think your be the only one with a cushion if you do. Now if you was going to Wimbledon to watch the Tennis then yes by all means but not at the Football.

One other thing I took my sister to Fulham in March of 1973, Fulham played Santos and the Greatest player ever was playing Pele, it was a cold and damp windy evening, she moaned the whole game I never did take her again and she never asked to go either?

10. Corky

Corky New Member

Hi Chris

One visit to The Cottage is all it takes , you will become a lifelong Fulham supporter.

11. 2003SCT

2003SCT New Member

Thanks guys. I like the fact that it looks more cozy than say something like Emirates stadium. Some solid character to it as well. Kinda like a classic pub compared to an Applebees.:)

CHRIS

12. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Putney Bridge, the walk along the water thru Bishop's Park, the old church, meeting Mikey and the other Fulham folks at the Golden Lion Pub, the walk to the match, the aura of the cottage, a beer overlooking the Thames at halftime, post-match revelry.............Can't wait to do it again, one of the best days of my 50 years on earth!!!!!!!!!Good Luck to you and COYW!!!!!!

13. 2003SCT

2003SCT New Member

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for giving me some tips and tricks. I totally enjoyed the trip and the Fulham match was awesome! I can't wait to go back although after the price of the trip, I don't know when I will be able to..lol.
    The only thing that I was amazed at was that you simply cannot find Fulham or almost every other Premier League team merchandise ANYWHERE. Everywhere we went it was ManU, Chelsea, and Arsenal stuff for sale and that was it. Is there some licensing agreement because the only place I could find Fulham stuff was Harrods (makes sense because of Al-Fayed). They were out of stuff tho cause they were waiting for the new kit. And it wasn't just Fulham stuff, the other 15 or so teams were missing as well from shops large and small. Does anybody know why this is?

Christopher Olson

14. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Don't know the answer, but I had the same problem when I was there, even at Harrods. Even so, can't wait for my next visit. Later, Tim

15. sullytex

sullytex Member

I have been to some of the bigger stores here JJSports, Lilywhites, etc...very rare to find Fulham gear, very rare. Just about everything Fulham I own came from the Cottage shop. But then again, once you get beyond the big cats, I don't see much of anyone else's kit either.

You are more likely to get a Barca shirt in most parts of London than a priceless Fulham scarf! Fine by me, mine came from hallowed ground. :big grin:

Make sure you come early to the match if you come over to spend some quality time at the Cottage shop.

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Harrods now has one hell of a stock of the new kit! :)

17. general125

general125 New Member

When I was at Harrods in May, I was shocked their Fulham gear was minimal. I filled out one of their comment cards and said, "I'm dissapointed in your selection of Fulham gear. You own the damn team after all!"

I'm going to take a fraction of a percentage of credit :)