Matches That Count (But Do Not Include Fulham)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFCinPCB, Mar 19, 2008.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Figure the watch :3d nervous: is on, so there is reason for a thread like this.

Pretty big match today, and you can count me as a bandwagon, gloryhunting ManUre fan for roughly two hours, starting within the hour I believe.

Match is on Fox, don't miss it.

2. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Heh, yeah. Let's go ManU!

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I will don my red fulham t-shirt and root for the devils.

4. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

This thread makes me uncomfortable. And yet, how can I disagree?

5. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

I feel like I'm routing for the gang bangers in the opening scenes of "A Clockwork Orange."

1-0 ManU

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It must be easy, this game, when you're Renaldo!

7. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Well I'm not cheering for Ch***ea and thank goodness we don't have to, I can't quite see Tottenham getting relegated from 11th position in the table this late in the season...

I can take cheering for ManU a little easier, especially since I have half of them on my fantasy team this week for playing twice...Anyone know why Ferdinand has sat out the last two games???

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

2-0, and a quote from HatterMom: "Bolton got Renaldoed again."

9. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

"He leaves no margin for improvement, this man."

2-0 Ronaldo...er ManU

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

AH, I did it for a long time, might as well do it once more -- Go United! (This sheer has an expiration date of approximately 1700 EST today)

4-0 Good Guys -- er, MUFC

11. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Ahhh lovely. I believe the red devils are the champs in the premiership again (how droll). This does make a great escape just a little more likely. :banana:

12. WHITEwitch1

WHITEwitch1 New Member

Not looking so good for Wigan - hooray!

Painful though it was to support Wet Spam - who OF COURSE let us down I am very mindful of the teams above us right now.

The next three games look very bleak for Wigan and neither is it an easy run for Reading.

Next week Wigan play Birmingham at home - the best result for us would be a draw leaving both of them within our sights but a Birmingham win would leave Wigan with little prospect of points at Chelsea the following week or from entertaining Spurs the week after.

Birmingham might get something at the JB but are unlikely to beat Everton at their place the following week or Villa away the one after.

Reading get to go visit Newcastle just as they hit a roll and we know how daunting the toon can be when they are fired up. After being defeated by us at the Cottage they then get the second hardest fixture in the Premiership and visit Arse at the Emirates.

So it aint all roses for anyone in the four slots above us. Happily.

Interesting times. Ww

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Funny what a couple of weeks will do. Thought for sure the team we could most likely catch was Sunderland and then they go and beat Villa and Spam. I would say at this moment that Brum will finish higher than Wigan, but that will be a huge six-pointer at the JJB.

Can only worry about the next 90 minutes this Sat. and who knows maybe a slight glimmer of hope will still exist.

P.S. Have to say it was great to read a Witch report after toooo long of a layoff.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It is, indeed, a joy too long deferred to read the White Witch again on our pages. My self-imposed exile from the official site's messageboard has kept her away from me for a long time.

This thread, however, is another thing. I know that hope springs eternal, and I know that I'm the most foolishly optimistic git on the site. Having said that, your attention is invited to the performance of a side also in relegation trouble in another English league. Luton Town, having lost almost all their quality players and having been deducted 10 points for almost going into receivership, are in the same boat as their fellow Black and Whites further south. Like Fulham, they were in 2nd last place on March 15. Since that time, the Hatters have played 4, won 2 and drawn 2. So, how do they sit now that they've gotten 8 points out of 4 matches? SECOND LAST AND ONLY ONE POINT ABOVE ROCK BOTTOM.

Moral of the story: just because you put on a decent run -- and wouldn't we all have loved 4 unbeaten matches since March 15 -- doesn't mean that those around you are going to just stand about and watch you.

We could very well pull out 12 points from our remaining 15 and still be next to bottom. Well, now that I've cheered everyone up, I'll go elsewhere.

15. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I feel that the weather in Chicago is appropriate for the mood on the threads...dark, dull, and rainey...

Don, your point about teams standing by is a great one...we need a lot of help and I can't even begin to figure out who it will come from...