MARKY MARK and the Steriod Bunch

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokin', Mar 21, 2005.

1. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Yeah... so I decided that i wouldnt comment on all the congressional steriod hearing crap until i had a few days to mull it over.

I hate Mark McGwire. Thats my conclusion. Whiney crying millionaire son of a donkey bastard.

To be honest this whole thing is a joke to me. It seems distractionary... as if there arent more important things for congress to be doing. But I guess its necessary, its certainly important for baseball to be cleaned up. Morale of the American public has alot to do with its pass times.

I'm a big baseball fan, I hated the homerun era, probably becuz none of the yankees were in the mix :). I had a change to see one of the greatest small ball champions (1996) win a championship by team play.
    I segway to this for a reason. Sosa and McGwire get all the credit for bringing baseball back.... fair enough. It was pretty exciting save the cork and the androstindione. I personally think the dynasty of the Yankees had alot to do with that. Everyone wanted to see them lose and those who didnt wanted to see them win. They are one of the most popular teams in sports, it would only make sense to give them a bit of credit.

Back to the juicers.... screw them all.... Canseco, Big Mac, Slammin' Sammy, the entire Texas Rangers (owned by GWB at the time), and even Giambi... screw him, the Yankees have never won with a steriod freak on their team.... only coke heads... lets keep it old school.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

First, this is a great quote...

Second, what about Barry Bonds??? Is he not a Juice head? You left him out...I am starting to develop alot of ill will towards this guy...

3. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: MARKY MARK and the Steriod Bunch

Not only is a jerk, hes a pompous jerk.

He could have been one of the best ever just by being a 30/30 or 40/40 man, but i think somewhere along the lines he knew he was a terrible teammate and decided that he needed to be the absolute best. I refuse to give him this credit. He's obviously taken steriods, I mean he hasnt admitted it, but sheffield did and they are best friends.

He's not only tainted his record but he's tainted baseball.

I would say worse things about it him if it mattered, or if children werent my biggest fans.

4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

well you may not have to worry about Bonds anymore...he may be done for the season.

the thing that really bothers me is that people like bonds and Griffey were really good all around players before whatever it is that they did that made them huge with swollen heads. All of a sudden Mac and Sosa and others are bashing 50 HRs and getting all the publicity. There seemed to be a shift at that time, guys got bigger, swung for the fences every at bat. Those all around players who could steal (bonds the only with 500 steals and 500 homeruns) field, hit for average and power changed their game to hit the crap out of the ball, it sucked.

with new testing hopefully the era of small ball and working for runs will start to make a comeback. Smokin' with that lineup you guys have now, its gonna be awhile before the yanks get back to their small ball roots

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I agree Johnny.... the Yanks beat the hell out of 3,4,& 5 starters which gets them 90 wins and gets them into the playoffs. Its not rocket science to win games... spend money and it usually works. But they havent wont anything since 2000, cuz the heart of their team, Jeter, Williams, Posada, Rivera, arent complimented with great players... they are complimented with egos which isnt good for them.

Small ball is the way to win, look at the marlins. The red sox pulled of the first offensive ball club to win a championship since maybe the A's in the late 80's, its not often the teams with less fundamentals win games.

Steriods dont win games. Screw Barry McGwire.

6. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I thought the orioles were ont he right track, bringing up young pitching, good fielding guys with high OPS numbers...and

then sosa

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It's nice to be able to agree with you guys on SOMETHING!

And dont forget {Marlins, even the RedSox} that sometimes it's MANAGERS doing the best to get peak performance out of the talent they've got!

Ooops.. is that appropriate here?
    hehehehehe...
    :twisted:

8. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Management is truly the driving force behind baseball, Petty is right, but players can be flat tires, managers should deal with egos not create them. Joe Torre is one of the greatest at managing talent, McKeon obviously did more with less, and Terry Francona did one fundamental thing the entire playoffs.... sent Dave Roberts with 2 outs in the ninth, that won him a championship....

CC is relying on his books too much.... manage with your instinct, its a great tool, let your players win the games.

9. madrat

madrat New Member

the congressional steroid hearings were pure BULLSHIT!!!... a bunch of grandstanding overpaid piece of shit politico's spending our $$$ to get their names in lights... everybody knew about steroids 10 yrs ago- why not do something then??? what good does it do to ask mark mcgwire if he did steroids 8 yrs ago?? he's retired. he will never play again.. why not go back & ask lou brock if he took uppers??? probably more players in the 60's took stimulants compared to players who took steroids in the 80's/90's... i'm 100% behind getting rid of steroids - testing for them & getting rid of them- but baseball/ congress & everybody else turned a blind eye when it was going on- & now there is outgage?? give me a break! i hate barry bonds- but there was no testing policy for steroids- bonds/mcgwire ect.. all should make the hall- if they have the numbers- they make the hall... from now on- test carefully & punish cheaters...

oh- also- now i'm over roid raging... my favorite non roided out team- playing awesome small ball- the 2002 california angels......