Manchester United vs Arsenal

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by ChicagoTom, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Wow! What a match last night. Yellow cards, red cards, 6 goals, two bitter rivals, etc. Did a lot of you watch this match? What did you think?

Manchester United seems to be in the heads of Arsenal. They let United get to them and frustrate them. Did anyone happen to see the shouting match in the tunnel before the match? According a few websites, Vieria was threatening Gary Neville. Then the tough guy of the bunch, Roy Keane, stepped in and told Vieria to pick on him. It was kind of funny in all honesty.

Anyways, great match to watch for sure. I always like it when Arsenal and/or Chelsea lose. The fact that they allowed 4 goals at Highbury is just great!

2. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

Yes I watched that match, it was very entertaining. I always love watching Shrek yell and swear at the linesman.

I don't know what happened in the tunnel, for some reason, the match was delayed and began in the seventh minute??!!!

Ronaldo's second goal was cool, and I think Heinze is a solid player. Even saw Saha briefly, pity he isn't with FULHAM any longer!!!!

3. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Loved watching Roy Keane in the tunnel before the game....he really is mad in the head!

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I actually gained a lot of respect for Keane for what he did before the match. Vieria was trying start stuff with little Gary Neville and Keane told him to pick on him, not Neville.

While Keane has definitely lost a step or two, he still leads a team well. He loses it sometimes and goes a bit overboard, but as a teammate I would like to have him on my side.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Keane and Gerrard are probably the best captains in England.When keane started yelling at Vieira he walked away that was funny.Keane would of probably won the fight in less than a minute.Then Arsenal let in 4 goals at home.It was a great match probably the best of the season. It had great football and some mini fights plus alot of yellow cards and a red card.

6. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

I was surprised there was no retaliation from Arsenal after the red card was issued.