Madden 2006

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mnlandshark, Aug 18, 2005.

1. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Ok, so I've only had it for a week now, but since I've already put more hours than I care to admit, I'm ready for an early review of the game... keep in mind I hadn't bought a new copy since Madden '03.

1) The QB passing control is great... far more realistic than the old version. Having to lock on a receiver makes it far more interesting. It took a few games to figure it out, but the practice modes and tutorials helped a lot.

2) Superstar Mode is hysterical... taking a guy, giving him DNA, getting him drafted, etc. It's really quite amusing. And it's a nice break from Franchise mode since you can demand to be traded, run all the plays to your player, the whole thing... good times.

3) Play select on-screen vs. CPU... Good and bad... you lose some of the time you'd otherwise had in the old version to select a play, but it also limits the screen-flipping of old versions...

4) Pre-play variants (audibles, formation shifts, slide protections)... really creative and very realistic stuff... the stuff you hear being yelled out when watching a game live... sometimes it's a bit too much, but it could be difference between stopping your buddy for a one-yard gain or giving up the first down...

Please note these are not only my thoughts, but those of my girlfriend... she was very encouraging of me getting the game and loves to play... Best. Girlfriend. Ever.

2. Jux

Jux New Member

Thanks for the review Landshark! I think I now know why I haven't seen that many posts from you lately:)

I have last year's version and have heard some great things about 06. I would recommend that you check out the forums at www.vgsportsinc.com/forums/. I didn?t buy the playbook they offered, but used their forum discussions regarding the franchise mode frequently. The people on that site really love Madden and invest a considerable amount of time figuring out the mechanics of the game so you don?t have to. There are a few immature users that try to find glitches so they can cheat on-line, but they are usually flamed by the rest of the community there. I highly recommend it.

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Madden 07 comes out on Tuesday. :banana: