Love Monkey

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ChicagoTom, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have watched the first three episodes of this new show on CBS called Love Monkey. It stars Tom Cavanagh, famous for his role in the former NBC sitcom, "Ed."

Cavanagh plays a record exec for an independent record label in NYC. He used to work for a major, big label, but was fired during the first episode.

The show is about his life as a record exec and with his friends, Larenz Tate, Jason Priestley and another guy. It is a good show and as a music fan, I have enjoyed the show a lot.

It is on Tuesday nights at 10PM EST/9PM CST. Check it out.

2. Jux

Jux New Member

It's not bad. I've watched the first two and have the third recorded. The cameos have been enjoyable so far. I'm curious to see who comes next.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well Juxxy, Love Monkey was cancelled. After three episodes CBS is pulling it off the air. I think only giving it three episodes was not enough, but I guess it just goes to show I am not in the majority when it comes to TV shows.

I guess if a show is not a reality show or a freakin' crime show of some sort, there is no place for it on network TV.

4. Jux

Jux New Member

I am never in the majority when it comes to TV shows. This makes five cancelled shows that I watched from the beginning of this season (although Arrested Development may still go to Showtime).

Fox is especially guilty of greenlighting numerous shows and then canceling them quickly, since they do pretty well with their DVD distribution end of the business. It almost seems like they are just holding spots in their lineup until Dancing/Skating/Acting with Celebrities/Moms/Paris Hilton comes on at midseason. Thanks to MrsJux?s movie reviewing gig, we have more than our share of half-season cancelled Fox series DVDs (and most I would have kept on the air). Oh well, I guess I should start viewing series as long movies and hope that I can get at least five hours from them :?

Man, I was excited by a show that had a song by the Magic Numbers in their pilot!

5. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I am sick of the reality show and crime shows that the networks tend to love. Best two shows is Lost (still entertaining) and that CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother. I like it so much I usually sit and watch it even when it's a repeat. Suit up!!

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

For anyone interested, VH1 has picked up "Love Monkey." They are re-airing the first three episodes throughout this week and will have a new one on the air next Tuesday at 9PM EDT/8PM CDT.

7. rumstove

rumstove New Member

How many episodes of "Love Monkey" were made that didn't air?

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I think two. However, VH1 will be making new episodes.

9. Jux

Jux New Member

Thanks for the heads up Tom. I already have the DVR set!

10. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

How does one deal with 'LOST'? Its so hard to follow, enjoy when the plot is spread so thinly...

I dont know, TV has lost me. I used to want to work in the industry, but everything either is reality, crime, cop drama, lawyer drama, or drawn out gimmick.

i need a hobby. maybe I'll read.... ewww...