Los Angeles (Santa Monica)

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by RDG, Dec 11, 2011.

1. RDG

RDG Member

In typical fashion, I will be in Santa Monica next week and I will not be available for either the Bolton or MU match (we are on a day trip on the 21st). Last year, I got to meet tim and see most of the Chris Baird match against Stoke; a double bonus. If possible I would like to meet up with FUSA people and have a pint or two. I will be there from the 17th through the 24th, so perhaps the 23rd might be the best bet.

Anyone?

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Have fun in Cali RDG, and I hope you guys can manage a get together so close to the big holiday.

Love your signature line.

3. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I will be in Dallas visiting family during that time otherwise I would consider it.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

RDG, I will be in town for a change this year. I'm pretty sure Tim will be back in Chicago. I can't make the 17th, but the ManU game on the 21st sounds good for a trek to Santa Monica.

5. tim

tim Active Member

I get back home from Chicago on the 18th, so I'll be around.

6. SoCalJoe

After reading again RDG I picked up you are busy on the 21st (Doh!!). Not sure about the 23rd, but will be in contact.

7. RDG

RDG Member

Yeah, after talking to The Boss, we are away on the evening of the 20th, and do not get back until sometime on the 21st. (It's a winery tour, so I hope I am forgiven.) In the interest of family harmony, I would rather not keep tapping my foot, the way I did last year.

8. RDG

RDG Member

Sine I am not old enough to make any plans for myself, I am told I can get to the Koings Head on Mondat, Yhursday or Friday night. Anyone up for a beer or two?

9. tim

tim Active Member

RDG - I can probably make it over there for a pint Thursday or Friday. Friday may be best for me.

10. RDG

RDG Member

Ok, Friday it is, then. I will try to be there before 4. I will wear the Dempsey jersey.

COYW!

11. SoCalJoe

RDG, hope the wine trip went well, did you go north to Santa Barbara area? or south to Temecula? The odds of me making it to Santa Monica from Walnut today by early evening are slim to none, especially considering my lagging in the Christmas shopping department. Cheers, have a good time.

12. tim

tim Active Member

RDG - will plan on getting to the Kings Head around 4. See you then.

13. RDG

RDG Member

I did get to see tim at the King's Head, which was great. It is wonderful to meet up with FUSA people and tim is one of the best. Too bad the TV's first had the highlights of the MU drubbing and then had the ENTIRE match shown. Ugh. Well, at least I averted my eyes and ordered another beer.

We did get to Temeculah for the wines, which were pretty good. We also had a morning balloon flight which was a lot of fun. The weather held up and a good time was had by all. I missed the MU match because of it, so that was a good thing.

No, I have no desire to go to the Santa Barbara area of the world, as there are "acquaintances" I wish to give a wide berth to.

On a final thought (non-Fulham related), I almost literally bumped into Pierce Brosnan in a store in Malibu, and I am happy to say that he does not dye his hair; salt-and-pepper is the way to go, I say. :mrgreen:

Hopefully, I will still be talking to my sister next year and I can get out there in a year's time.

14. tim

tim Active Member

RDG - great seeing you again and thanks again for the pint!

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Sounds like you had good time RDG. And I know I wouldn't mind bumping into Pierce Brosnan. :mrgreen: