London Calling!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jumpkutz, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I've not done it, but what the heck at half price. Fulham played there in the '75 FA Cup final so maybe there will something there about that match. Have a great time!

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Pulled the trigger! Voucher good for six months from purchase is on the way across the pond!

3. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Alright, locking in to go for March 1st weekend and catch the chelsea match, I hope. Do we get any special perks for our membership to be able to order these tix? Should I contact the club directly and see if it's a possibility? Just curious what my options might be.

4. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Flights booked, tickets secured for Chelsea. Mike has been passing on some pub information. All I need now is for a W and not be stuck in relegation. please.

5. jumpkutz

:banana-guitar: :banana-dance: :banana-linedance: :clap: :dance: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :D :text-+1: :bow-yellow:

6. arbeck

arbeck New Member

Just noticed this thread. I'm also going to be in London for the Norwich match. I'm also attempting to go to Tottenham away the next Saturday. If anyone wants to meet for a drink before those games, I'll be around.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Have a great time fellas, and welcome to the site arbeck.

8. jumpkutz

Here's the pisser, boys and girls. If we somehow manage to keep going in the FA Cup (which, on paper, we should), there's a fair chance, depending on who we would meet in the quarterfinals, of Fulham playing in WEMBLEY THAT WEEKEND!

It's a huge long shot, I know, given our performances this season, but, wouldn't that be the ultimate in Fulhamish-ness? Seriously. Still gotta beat Sheff U at home, but, if we do..........

Stay tuned. April 12th-13th could be a very interesting weekend in London indeed.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

This was posted on our Facebook group. It's also been posted on the other US Fulham Supporters Groups pages as well.

10. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

wish i would have seen this sooner, but we're heading over in two weeks for Chelsea. I'm sure it will still be great.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, I told the guy we already had members plan their trips and the rest of us probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of the offer. But perhaps there may be one or two out there that can.

12. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Tour for friday booked, game tix on top of passport, flight at 1:00 tomorrow. Only negative right now is sitting row 5 with 80% chance of rain. but I'll gladly sit through 2 hours of rain for this experience. Does anyone have a pregame preference with pubs? and how early do you suggest arriving to pubs for this match?

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Have a great time dtown!! Hope others who have actually been will chime in with their pub preferences, but the names you see are the Bricklayers Arms and The Crabtree.

14. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Back in 2008 or 2009, I met up with sullytex at the Golden Lion for one drink then we moved onto the Cottage Pub (maybe that was the name of it) for a few more but I think it closed down a couple months later. After the game, we grabbed drinks at some other place down the street from the Golden Lion which looks like it has a new name (I think it was in the spot that is now called The Larrik Inn or it could have been called that when I went there but I don't remember it being blue on the exterior like it is on Google Street View).

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Old Suffolk Punch prior to the match and The Bricklayer's Arms for afterwards. Lot's of Fulham in both places, and I met a lot of folks who I'd been chatting with for years.

16. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully my birthday will bring good luck.

17. jumpkutz

T-minus 23 days until wheels up for Heathrow! Starting to allow myself to get a little excited. Feeling a combination of butterflies and anxiousness since I've never been out of the country. I'm one of those unfortunate souls who always has the feeling that I've forgotten something. But I think I have all my bases covered. The internet is the ultimate knowledge tool of our time, but there's no substitute for experience, is there? Just waiting for Norwich tix to go on sale to the general public the 19th, and everything will be pretty much taken care of (I have a real problem with the concept of paying extra for the privilege of getting first crack at purchasing event tickets). Booked a dinner cruise on the Seine yesterday for our 30th on the 14th. Had to go with Boat B because Boat A doesn't sail on Mondays. No worries. Looking forward to having a pint (or two) with arbeck and friends at or near the Cottage on the 12th. Whether or not we're playing better by then remains to be seen, but it will be good to meet some of the fine folks who participate in the fellowship of this small corner of the planet. Fish and chips, pie and mash, grass tennis courts and Wembley tours, Prime Minister's Questions, Harrod's, The Tower, The Abbey and I'm sure others I haven't been told about yet are all on the agenda. Sheesh, I'd better hit the treadmill!

18. jumpkutz

T-minus two days! Has anyone ever used one of the car services for transport from Heathrow Terminal 4? Still kicking around transpo options and was wondering about booking one. They're supposedly cheaper than the black taxis. My concern is wait time. They charge for it, and I'm wondering how one factors in immigration/passport control wait times, which I've read can be anywhere from 1/2 an hour to 3 hours. That would potentially negate any savings from using a service vs. the taxi. Of course, there's always the tube, Heathrow Express (also somewhat expensive), and Heathrow Connect. Opinions welcome.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

If you're on a tight budget take the tube and get one of those oyster cards. The tube will take you to almost every major tourist attraction in London. In the last 2 times I travelled to London I only needed a cab twice. Do you an A to Z guide? If not, pick one up immediately when you get there.

20. MattSW6

MattSW6 New Member

Have a great trip and enjoy the Norwich match!