Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Can somebody please tell us what the hell happened to Lee Chun Soo?....OK, so I got off my lazy ass and found this:

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=395163

Besides Chelsea, other big clubs were after his signature. Apparently, he's out of everybody's plans, well, at least until January.

Two days left and I'm waitin' on magic (unfortunately not the Cars tune) by LS.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Rumours for the day:

We are after Bobby Zamora of West Ham
    Stefanovic from Portsmouth
    Zat Knight has been arrested (possible drug charges)
    A serb striker who has been on trial with us (last name starts with an 'L')
    Everton have moved for Diop
    Niemi is just about fit
    Reading are still have Rosenior

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

For some reason I have a soft spot for Zamora. I like his loyalties, but I feel our main concern should be our back line.

If we could get Zamora for a good price, then only an idiot would pass him up. True he hit a bad spot last year, but so did the rest of West Ham Utd!

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

When Pardew ran WHU two seasons ago, Zamora was his 60th minute substitute. He'd take advantage of tired defenses with incredible strength and helped WHU get a lot of late goals [you know, like Collins John and HH consistently DIDN'T]. I don't think he's really effective except in that role.

Stepanovich is the only rumor that interests me -- even if he is too old for Harry.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Promising but not what we all mean when we say "SIGN A CENTER BACK:"

Fulham sign England U20 international Nathan Ashton from Charlton

For what it's worth, his Wiki page says he was released by Charlton, which the club website doesn't mention; it certainly seems strange, if it's the case, that a guy with enough potential to get an U20 callup would be outright released from his club. Wiki and article say he's a defender but don't say what kind; he's 5'9" which suggests not a center back. The article goes on to say he'll suit up with the Reserves tonight.

Edit: A poster on TFI says he's a left back.

6. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Maybe LS is planning on doing some moving around in the back 4 and having Baird play in the CB position. I think that would be a good fit for him. He seems to be a bit slow to play the wing, but the man has guts and is willing to stand up to anyone.

7. andyns

andyns New Member

I saw Bobby Zamora in West Ham's opener against Man City. He was so bad. One of the worst performances I have ever seen. If we get him, hopefully he can do better.

8. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Hoping we get both Serbians. I read somewhere that Ljuboja (the striker) actually played for us already in a reserve friendly last week, so that's a good sign. Stefanovic can play left back too, so that gives us some cover in case we sell Liam.

Saw that Everton also signed Thomas Gravesen on loan, so they probably won't need Diop now.

9. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Apparently, Stevanavich has just been on local Portsmouth radio, saying good bye to fans, and saying he is off to Fulham.

10. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Well that's a good sign. Source??

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

If Stefanovic comes to Fulham I would be very happy. He is exactly the kind of experienced center back we need. He was a regular at Pompey most of last season and served as their captain which means he is recognized as a leader and that is what we need in the back.

It would be nice if we could also wrap up the signing of Lluboja. I have read he is a quality striker but that he is a bit of a hot head. I hope Lawrie can corral him and get him to buy into the team philosophy because if so we might have a strong scorer on our books. If not...it could be bad.

12. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

My feelings exactly on both potential signings Tom. Stefanovic is key for Fulham. Zat leaving has created a relatively large hole in the CB position and with Hughes still injured there is a big need for a quality CB.

To be honest, I haven't heard much about Lluboja other than what has been posted and a few article here and there, but more attacking options will be welcome. Who knows... could be a diamond in the rough (or a complete flop).

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Llujoba is a weirdo. I don't know if he'll fit in to the team. He's good... but strange. He's famous for having a colored streak of hair at PSG.

Stefanovic is not a bad signing. Solid individual.

14. americanmike

Hey fellas,
    Just got back from the Fulham Reserve match against Arsenal. A good match with a few good Fulham youngsters.

Anywho, rumor I've heard has it that Stefanovic has definitely signed and Liam and signed for Readying with that South Korean coming the other way.

15. Jacob

Jacob New Member

That just made my day Mike. I rate SK, pretty high. He has some nagging back injuries that creep up every now and then, but ever since I saw him playing at Wolves I knew he would be a good Prem player.

16. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Mike, can you confirm that it was Ljuboja who came on in the 60th minute for the reserves?

17. jmh

jmh New Member

I don't think this is worth its own thread, so I figure I'll post it here since he's a subject of transfer rumors: Earlier this evening in a grocery store in Brooklyn, I saw a woman in a Papa Bouba Diop Senegal national team jersey. Neat.

I don't want to speak for Mike, but a poster on TFI says it was not Ljuboja, but rather Portuguese striker Andre Martins, who played with the Reserves as a trialist.

18. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Nothing wrong with eccentric weirdo's or colored hair in my opinion. As long as he's not an ass like Duiof or Anelka I'm all for him. The side could use a bit more personality particularly if Diops off and Volzy never gets on the pitch. These Northern Irish seem a bit bland. Its not the most important thing obviously but I think it matters.

19. americanmike

It wasn't Ljuboja, I know that for a fact because the kid who came on as a striker in the 60th minute was oozing with Portugese style (both playing and hair style).

Spencer, as for eccentric...how about the Cisse? I always thought he was trying to hard with his hair.

20. jmh

jmh New Member