Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I say no to Gravesen; he's a dressing room whiner, and we don't need that.

His wife/girlfriend can transfer, however.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Having lived through the Anna Benson Experience, I don't think we need that.

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i for one am not in favor of gravesen.

however, with the shuffling/additions/etc etc at man city i wonder if we could lure darius vassell away...

4. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Sanchez wants to sign Celtic's Gravesen

Heeeeyyy Tommy Tommy! Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Gravesen!

Link

Little video, hehe

I think this could be good, but the dude is kind of a loon, so who knows. I think for sheer entertainment factor, we should spend money on him.

P.S. If he is signed, I am immediately spending the loot on getting a shirt with his name on the back. Immediately, without question.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Sanchez wants to sign Celtic

Entertaining. The fact that they dedicated so much fun of him, makes me like him more.

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

The Sky crawl just said we had a 1.5 million bid rejected by Watford for Darius Henderson.

Talk about ridiculous! The first time I saw Darius Henderson I thought, he looks just like Chris Henderson but not as good. For non MLS watcher Chris Henderson isn't much good either. I have no idea why we'd being going after him.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And Gravasen, he'd be an upgrade over Diop I figure.

7. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Watford just doesn't want us stealing any more of their players.

I think I'm probably the only New York fan that actually liked Chris Henderson. Dude hustled non-stop, great winger, I don't care what anyone says . . . now his crosses, on the other hand, that's a different story.

8. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Apparently LS is in for a few more players as the transfer window is coming to a close.

*Fulham have bid £1.3m for Derby County striker Steve Howard. (The Sun)

*Clubs including Everton, Fulham, Man City and Derby are scrambling to sign Celtic striker Kenny Miller. (Daily Mirror)

*Fulham have had a £250,000 bid for Port Vale keeper Joe Anyon, 20, rejected. (Daily Mirror)

*Out of favor Stuttgart striker, Ljuboja, joins Fulham on a trial this next week. He has reportedly turned down a deal with Siena and is desperate for a new club. (Sky Sports)

9. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I'm loving it. I am absolutely thrilled to see LS not willing to sit back and do nothing. This is a man with ambition and guts. I'd almost say he was a full blooded American if I knew he wasn't a Northern Irish look-alike to Buddy Holly.

10. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Nah, when he has his glasses on, he's a dead ringer for the Mo Green character from The Godfather.

11. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Quite possibly. I've never seen any of The Godfathers, so I wouldn't know.

:oops:

12. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Rumors on this side of the pond say that we are selling Zat Knight to Villa for 3-4m!?

Traore could still be on his way to us.

Also, Koller from Germany is also still on the cards.

Only 3 days left, and the silly season is only just peaking. I pray we bring in a few more players. We need them!

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Koller would be awesome... but he plays for Monaco in France right now. Used to play for Borussia Dortmund in Germany though... with his compatriot Tomas Rosicky.

14. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

15. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: Zat Knight to Villa for 4M

That'd be complete rubbish. The boy finally starts playing well consistently, and now he wants to leave?

That's a pretty square blow to the nuts.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Zat Knight to Villa for 4M

Didn't see anything in the BBC article that said Zat WANTED to leave. After all, why should he? We've given him nothing but love and support on this site and on the offal as well.

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Zat Knight to Villa for 4M

I have not been the biggest supporter of Zat Knight, but unless Lawrie has a few tricks up his sleeve in the form of some new defenders, this move makes very little sense to me.

We are already short of center backs and then we go and sell probably our best one? That is not adding up for me.

As I said, I hope Lawrie has a few players to turn to in the transfer market if indeed Knight does leave. Or heck, even if he does not leave we need more players.

18. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Why also give him the captain's arm band and then sell him?

Maybe they're thinking the best time to cash in on him is right now... or maybe Aston Villa is just desperate for some CB cover (they are actually).

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Now is definitely the best time to cash in.

Hughes is on his way back. Boca and Christanval have shown they have the ability. And perhaps Baird can transition to a CB, as he is too slow for the RB position.

Plus, I would imagine LS has something in the works.

Too bad Konchesky doesn't have 3 quadruplet brothers.

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

As has been the case the last two seasons, we cannot count on Christanval for anything other than making sure the physio is earning his keep each season. Even when he plays I am not sure he is all that great. Boca has been okay but he is more of a squad player. Our defense can't handle the loss of another player like Knight without a backup in the works.

I keep seeing us linked with attacking players, but we need defensive help first and foremost. This will be very interesting the next few days to see how this all unfolds.