Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Really hoping the first signing inspires others to take a closer look at the side. Harewood and Hesky are hardly inspirational (especially the latter, hopefully only a rumor). Agree w/everone...Defense please. Can't see Big Mac uprooting his family for his final season just to play the UEFA Cup.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Please no. Please no. Please no.

Radz Thanks Fans

Radz was a square peg in a round hole a lot of the time this past year, playing on his off side. However, his motor was always running and his effort was never lacking. Best of luck wherever your career takes you next (unless it's another EPL club, in which case best of luck except against us).

3. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

from EastSleepSport:
    Right. It was because he was playing on the left he hit that header in I believe the Arsenal game on the side of his head with his eyes closed... oh well. Best of luck.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am not making excuses for Radzinski, but he was a decent player up front at Everton. I rated him when he was a Toffee. I rated him as a striker, NOT a winger.

While he did miss quite a few sitters, I can't fault Radz for not giving his best. He played hard all the time. Unfortunately, the ball did not find the back of the net much for him, but he did give everything he had and was playing in a position he was NOT accustomed to playing. I honestly wish him the best.

5. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

If we sell Niemi, I really hope that money is spent to replace him with a good young keeper like Gordon, Carson or Foster. I'd be happy with one of those guys, but anything less would be a downgrade IMO.

We need to worry about upgrading our centre-back situation first. I'm still holding out hope that we can get Distin, but it's looking more and more likely that he's in at Pompey. There are plenty of other players out there that would help us, though.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I can't say I know much about Lee Cook. If anyone has info on him, please fill us all in. I am assuming he is a left-sided midfielder as we are in desperate need of one.

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Here's one view from a TFI'er:

1) He's left winger and Fulham need one. 2) He's 24 and English and from this neck of the woods 3) There is f**k all about Fulham in the papers or on the boards and some of us like to pontificate about what other clubs are doing. If clubs like Villa and City are moving for him this could mean players at their clubs might be come available that might be of interest to Fulham 4) There is nothing happening on any message boards of any interest to anyone but scousers at the minute. Some of us need this interplay to stay sane through the summer. I can't stand the months when there are literally six post all morning on this board and none of them are about football. Almost all of the newspaper rubbish I have posted up this morning has led to people expressing an opinion about the players concerned. (NT) -- Depressed football addict, Wednesday, May 23, 10:25:59am (195.93.21.72)

And, Wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Cook

9. jmh

jmh New Member

If that's the case, I wouldn't bet on him coming to the Cottage.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That's a pretty high fee, for sure.

Latest Rumours:

Mido has told somone in Egypt that he is coming to Fulham. - Sky Sports

QPR's equivalent of TFI's Barra Boy is reporting that Lee Cook is coming to Fulham.

The rumour mill is ratcheting up.

11. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

If we got both of those players I think we would have solved our attacking problem. The winger from QPR is quality and the chairman is having a laugh and would probably sell if we gave them a decent offer. We need a forward and Mido can still become a damn good player and he has shown he can score goals in this league. This could be a damn good transfer window if we get some defense as well.

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Antoine Sibierski anyone? Anyone?

13. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

For once I agree with you.

14. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Rate Mido over Sibierski. Intrigued with the kid from QPR.

If that is the beginning of who we get, I expect an immediate focus on two CBs immediately afterward....dammit.

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

how bout shipping out Zat Knight while we're at it?

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

youbetcha..

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

A name I have not really heard mentioned at all for Fulham is Jlloyd Samuel. He is a left-back and with Franck Queudrue showing his age toward the end of the season, I think it would be a good idea to look for another left-back.

Samuel is clearly out of favor at Aston Villa and I can't imagine his price tag would be that high along with his wage demands. He is still relatively young at the age of 26 and still have a number of good years in him.

Also, don't forget, that Samuel was part of some pundits Premiership team of the season during the 2003-2004 season. He has been bumped out the first eleven by Wilfred Bouma and only made four appearances for Villa this season.

It would be wise of Lawrie and the crew to make an inquiry about Samuel and gauge interest. Samuel is looking for a new club to resurrect his career and Fulham would be a perfect fit for him. I would love to see Fulham go after him.

18. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Defender

I'll just toss in another name for defense...Oguchi Onyewu...he's big, he's black, and he has corn rows so he has to be good.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Defender

A constantly popular tip. I've been pitching Gooch since I joined the site. Believe me, had he joined us instead of Newcastle, both we and he would have been a whole lot better off.

20. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Every time I saw a Newcastle highlight, something bad was happening to him,(when he got bumped off the ball by Darren Bent, I was totally shocked) not sure if the stupid loan deal made Gooch press, but he looked absolutely terrible. Can't imagine the team signing him after the whole mess in Jan.

After the initial Mido suggestion, I saw a thread about him on the offal site, in which most people hate the idea ('wa*&er, t*^%er'), kinda of reminded me about an old saying...

-"That guy is an absolute *##*&^%"
    -"Yeah, but he is our absolute *##&^%"

The guy finds the back of the net, and if he's in the starting XI, his antics would be at a minimum.