Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Is Sanchez going to sell Liam Rosenior?

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Is Liam Rosenior being sold?

3. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

2 more on the way?

Just saw Sanchez on Sky stating that he'd like to bring in two more players.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: 2 more on the way?

Two more would definitely be nice. As good as Zat and Boca have been, I still think we need a solid center back.

As for goings, I would not be shocked to see someone like Papa or Liam go. Quite frankly I have had it with Papa. He was good in his first season with us, but since then he has been bad. He does not pass well. He has not scored a goal in forever. He lacks discipline and puts in ridiculous tackles and in turn gets too many cards. Additionally, he is 29. If we can get a few million pounds for him, let's offload him.

Also, remember this, when Bullard comes back healthy in October or November he will be just as good, if not better, than a new signing. Let's just hope he can come back and play as he did before he was hurt.

5. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

2 more on the way?

I hope this is just the Mirror lying like they usually do. If Lawrie did indeed say this to Liam and then tell the Mirror that he did, then he's just WRONG. Liam is a talented young player and a strong defender.

Plus, he's a loyal club man, and you don't treat good people like this. Didn't think my weekend could get worse, but ....

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: 2 more on the way?

After today's match, I think we might need another keeper, another striker and despite playing okay defensively, we need another central defender.

Getting all three is highly unlikely, but with McBride and Bouazza out with long term injuries and Warner costing us points with howlers like today's and Wednesday's, we need some more players to soldify the squad.

Lawrie has 13 days to convince Al Fayed to give him more money and find more players. Time is ticking. Sanchez has done a nice job finding players already and I hope he can do the same thing now in late August.

8. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Re: RE: 2 more on the way?

I agree that we probably need another goalie but it is sort of funny in today's society how a player (Warner) can go from hero (vs. Arsenal) to a goat (today) in a matter of a week.

9. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

RE: Re: RE: 2 more on the way?

To be honest, I thought some of Warner's saves vs Arsenal were a bit lucky, one in particular in the first half where he dove the wrong way but still managed to clear with his foot. Still had a great game though.

Kasey Keller and Fabien Barthez are still without a club. They're older, but I think they have enough left for one more season, especially if they share time with Niemi.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

2 more on the way?

Last word [from me] about Warner. If the man didn't have some holes in his game, he wouldn't be a back-up GK on a mid-to-lower-level EPL squad. I thought that we all went a little overboard on his good plays vs. Arsenal. They weren't spectacularly athletic or insightful, just good quality stuff. Of the two goals down to him, I think only one shows the reason why he's nobody's first choice and that was the one v. Boro. The goal v. Bolton was a combination of rain, crowded conditions, slippery everything and the fact THAT BAD SHIT KEEPS HAPPENING TO US. All in all, nothing to be too elated or depressed over. Niemi probably saves both those, but that's why he's the starter on the depth chart.

About richardhkirando's suggestions, by all means, let's try Keller, but Barthez is without a club for a reason. Biggest problem? Not only is Keller NOT Irish, he's also [whisper this] an American!

11. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Aston Villa is looking at Liam Rosenior.

12. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Yanks abound in Derby: http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7137342

Former Cottager Eddie Lewis has joined Benny Feilhaber at Derby County on a two year deal. Congrats to both of them. Anxious to see how Feilhaber fairs in the prem. Get in there yanks

13. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Diop on his way out?

I'll be sorry to see Papa and Liam leave. Liam at least looks like going to a quality side and manager -- just hope we don't have to face him on Saturday -- but I hate to see that wanker Redknapp and his asshole fans get Papa.

Think we're going to be sorry if we let those two go.

15. Lyle

Lyle New Member

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Good one, Lyle!
    ;)

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

As I have said, I have no problem seeing Diop leave. I hope we are able to get some good money and/or a good player in return.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

Keller may be American, but you don't get 100 caps by being a bad soccer player. I continue to believe he'd be a great pickup if he's willing to be a backup.

I'm not a huge fan of letting Diop go, but as has been said already with regard to other players, if he doesn't want to be here then we don't want him here either. Perhaps this will open up space for Deuce to get some playing time in the middle, as well.

I think selling Liam would be a mistake.

19. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Lawrie has said on numerous occasions that he is not done bringing players in this transfer players. He has mentioned that there are one or two more players coming in. Any clue on who they may be?

Not to worried about selling Diop as long as the price is right, but am a bit worried about losing Liam.

20. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i have an idea....a CB!!!!! make that two CB's!!!!! a goalkeeper that doesn't "flip the ball into the net" when it comes right to him!!!...and someone that can finish point blank unmarked chances!!!!