Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

lets also not forget that, you know, he never scored a goal. i thank him for his efforts, but not sad to see him go.

i've asked this a lot, but i'll ask again: where is christanval? not that we NEED him, but i normally like to know the whereabouts of starting XI players.

3. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Injured I believe.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Thats a bit objective though, in my opinion, Andy. Jensen was hurt or simply didn't play, Boa left in January, Dempsey joined in January but barely palyed at all, Smertin and Davies joined late on as well.

But I do see you point...poor attacking midfield displays all around.

6. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Start Dempsey and he'll average at least an assist per game.

7. tibor

tibor New Member

I'd like to believe you, I really would, but I'd say that's a bit much.

8. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

(I'm counting a goal as 2 assist for these purposes - something like 10 goals and 18 assists for the season, assuming 38 starts)

9. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Wow, lots going on today:
    - Reading bidding for Rosenior
    - Newcastle bidding for Diop
    - Queudrue likely on his way to Birmingham
    - FFC potentially bringing in another NI player and a young Aussie

I'd hate to lose Liam and Papa, with both being strong candidates for the starting XI. And I can't see Lawrie letting either of them go. Thoughts?

10. jmh

jmh New Member

LS seems not to be as high on Liam as CC was, what with Baird seeing a lot of the time there in preseason. I'd be disappointed, but not tremendously surprised, to see him go.

11. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The squad is not that big and if Fulham sold both Rosenior and Diop they would be screwed. I am not a fan of Volz and I think that Baird can help us out in the center of defense. Diop is a key player and if he left that would be a really tough position to fill. I really do not see anybody filling the defensive midfield spot on the roster and they would almost certainly have to buy another player.

I also seem to notice that they are trying to sign alot of attacking players. This money could be better spent on defense and instead Sanchez is trying to sign a bunch of left sided players.

12. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

It has been a while FUSA members...

Jumping back into the news. I am glad to see Brown go due in part to his thuggish style of play. It is great to be physical and make your presence known on the pitch, but more often than not it looked as if he was attempting to injure players. Couldn't doubt his efforts though.

The news of several clubs to be in for vital Fulham players is a bit worrying. Would be terrible to see Liam or Papa go. Both are quality at their respective position and I just can't see a midfield destroyer that Fulham could possibly get to replace him.

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

don't mind losing 3U. He didn't want to wear the shirt anymore, so see ya, donkey.

Would be upset to lose Liam, though. He's the most Fulham player we have.

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Usually as players get old they slowly lose a step over a period of time. However, with Queudrue, he seemingly lost three steps in about two years. He was a serviceable left back for us last season, but he lacked speed and was often caught in no man's land trying to defend faster and quicker players.

In other words, I thank him for coming on board last season but he will not be missed in the least bit.

I am having a laugh that we got 3 million for him. That is unreal.

16. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Either LS is a hell of a salesman or just goes to prove how prices have been inflated in modern football. Either way Fulham has profited from it in this situation. Well done.

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Seems like a day or two ago everyone was talking about competition for places and how important that is. Well now we've got zero competition for LB and nobody seems to bothered.

There was a time when I would have favored selling Diop but that was before we lost Boa. At this point it would have to be a large fee. I think parting with Liam would also be a mistake. Not to worried about it though as its Reading and they don't offer much in the way of transfer fees. I don't think Lawrie would let Liam go.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do think there is competition at left back. Boca has shown he can play there as has Rosenior. The difference is that Konchesky is much better than both of those players and thus he will be playing most every game.

However, if he is off the mark and not up to it, I am sure Lawrie can and will put Boca or Liam on the left. It is not really competition I guess, but it is cover.

19. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Can't Boca play LB?

EDIT: Tom beat me to it. And you're right, it's more like cover than competition. Maybe he's got his sights set on another LB if they sell Liam (which I hope they don't).

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

If Hyypia, old of football age at turning 34, is a consideration, then why not these other two lads:

Hannu Tihinen - FC Zurich. Starting CB for national and club teams. Just turned 31 years old.

Petri Pasnen - Werder Bremen. Starting RB for national team, but CB for club. Will turn 27 next month.

Seems Liverpool, or Hyppia, is gumming up the possibility of reuniting with Niemi. So, if a homeboy is what we are looking for back there, seems either of these two may be legitimate options.