Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmh

jmh New Member

I don't think Thuram is going anywhere, at least until the January window, since Barcelona has some injury issues at defense at the moment.

Thinking more about it, I don't guess Keller is looking for a job as a backup.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

backup salaries in the Prem are better than no salaries or starting salaries in the CCC or BL2.

Also, see that Roy Keane might have hijacked our Irish version of Bjorn. It also seems that the "buy and loan back" process might be against FAI rules.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I believe Keller is at a point in his career where 2nd team football in a top division would be a good fit - and quite possibly the best situation he could hope for. I'm sure he'd like to be in the 1st team, and remains capable of 1st team duties at some clubs, however those clubs probably aren't in their respective top divisions.

Plus, he would be a great mentor/tutor to a club with a young goalkeeper that can use his voice of experience. In any event, I'd love to see him pull on the FFC Crest this campaign and provide the club with an experienced backup. I'm not being a U.S. homer or anything...ha!

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Winger Seol Ki-Hyeon is ready to leave Reading for Fulham in a £1m switch. (The Sun)

The LG connection?

5. PaulD

PaulD New Member

Sanchez apparently interested in N'Zogbia...he scored some goals for the magpies last year...what do you think?

6. psand22

psand22 Member

Well, LS wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to bring in a couple more players before the window closes. Lots of rumors flying around this morning: O'Donovan, N'Zogbia, Ki-Hyeon, Brunt, Le Tellec, Bouazza....

Skysports.com understands that Fulham have lodged a bid for Watford's Hameur Bouazza. Watford are standing firm over their valuation of Bouazza and insist they will not let him leave cheaply, but Fulham will hope their bid - believed to be £3million - will be enough to secure a deal.

Who's going to sign next?

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Goodbye Brown...just signed for Wigan for 3m so hopefully we can bring in N'Zogbia shortly and maybe a few other of the guys we are linked with.

Thanks Browny, for all of your effort and hard work.

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

1 1/2 seasons of hard work. His spirit and fight are attributes I think Americans appreciate more than the English. Browny has his place in football. It just is no longer with Fulham.

Good luck!

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I loved Brownies commitment and work rate. I will definitely miss that although I won't miss his short temper. We're very lucky the ref didn't see his head butt on Xavi. That said, I'm glad he was a part of our team and thought he did a terrific job as captain and wish him well with Wigan.

As far as these other rumors, I'll take N'Zogbia in a heartbeat. Even if it means giving up Diop, although I love Papa. Don't really care for Seol, and don't have an opinion on Bouzza. If LS sees them helping us then fine, let's take them.

10. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I really hope we get Seol Ki-Hyeon. I've been a fan of his since he played at Wolves. People might not rate him high because of his time at Reading, but I believe he is a solid player that would make a decent contribution. He isn't a prolific goal scorer, but he would play a good supporting role for our strikers.

My buddy sent me an e-mail laughing that he might be coming to the cottage because I've talked about him for the past 3 years.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

nice article about Brownie:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... +bag+Brown

Speaking of guys with plenty of heart and guts, wondering what the plans are for Pearcey. I don't think he's quick enough for us anymore, but he is the ONLY player to have been in the Prem each year of its existence, and I hope he gets a good parachute!

12. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Seol for 1mil would be amazing. I thought he played on the left?? Two left wingers in?? Perhaps he can also go on the right? It'll be tough competition for places in our midfield. Regardless we must get another defender in!

When does the window close?

13. rbaikal211

rbaikal211 New Member

I love that Fulham has been extremely active this summer, and don't get me wrong I think we are a vastly improved team today then we were at the end of last season, but the fact remains that as long as the Knight-mare is patrolling the center of our back line I do not feel comfortable going into this campaign. Maybe I am down on him more then I should be, but we REALLY need at least one more CB. I guess what I am trying to say is that going after all of these strikers (reportedly) and midfielders (reportedly) would definately be great depth-wise; but is not adressing our major hole.........

Good Luck Brownie.......

14. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

rbaikal....you're not alone. in fact i'll bet almost everyone that posts on here wants Knightmare out of the First XI....and me personally off the team! hopefully LS is on the lookout for a CB.

15. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

So who will be the new Fulham captain...I think this beckons a call for a poll on the home page.

16. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Good luck to Brown in the future. Given his style of play, maybe he should give the MLS a call. Just kidding, I'm sure a Championship or other EPL club would give Brown a shot.

I agree that the fact Zat Knight is on this team is troubling; but I think the biggest reason Fulham had such a relegation scare was the lack of depth. Injuries made a difficult challenge even harder and with these signings, I'm more confident that the depth is there. If another CB comes, great - I think it's the biggest need left; but it isn't the most vital need in the world. Worst case scenario is that we see Bocanegra covering Knight's mistakes again. We survived it one time, I think we'll survive it again.

17. andyns

andyns New Member

Spencer the window closes midnight, August 31.

I am glad Brown is gone. I'll never forget Brown, who as captain, headbutted Xabi Alonso for no reason twenty minutes into our most crucial game in years. Simply put, if Bennett saw that we would be in the Championship this season and this transfer thread would all be outgoings, not incomings. Never forget that.

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

You have every right to be afraid. It is not a matter of if, but when will Knight will blow it again (and again) in the back?

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and I still say that what got us in trouble and kept us in trouble last year was NOT the central defense -- rather it was the almost complete inability of any of our strikers to put the ball into the net in February, in March, in April, and in May.

Don't get me wrong; I think there's holes in Knight's game. But if you let Knight's reenlistment blind you to the fact that we've significantly improved the central defense, as well as the midfield and forward line, then you need a little perspective. :roll:

20. andyns

andyns New Member

And for those keeping count, from November 5th up to April 29th, our midfield players (Jensen, Boa Morte, Brown, Diop, Smertin, Davies, Dempsey) scored 0 goals in 24 straight premiership games.