Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

I still wonder what Chris Coleman would have done with 20mil.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Roy ODonovan is on his way from Cork City to us.

http://corkcityfc.ie/home.htm

Looks like we'll buy him and loan him back so he can finish up this season with Cork. Never heard of him and not sure why we are going after him. Lets hope he can make it in the Prem. Welcome Roy.

3. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Buy 20 Simon Elliots?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

5. jmh

jmh New Member

I hear relegation sucks.

Regarding Roy O'Donovan, looking at Cork City's page I see that he's by FAR their top scorer with 13 goals league/20 in all competitions. Nobody else on the team has more than 2 league goals or 4 total.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

we need a backup keeper. Last year we Lastuvka cost us on more than one occasion in my opinion. Here are a couple of thoughts. What say ye?

Steve Simonsen from Stoke City in the Championship
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Simonsen

He was capped 4 times at the U-21 level. He's 28 and Stoke conceded the fewest goals in the Championship last year.

Gabor Kiraly from Burnley in the Championship
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A1bor_Kir%C3%A1ly

He's 31, but he's a Hungarian International with 65 CAPS. He has played in the Premiership before with Crystal Palace, and in the Bundesliga for Hertha Berlin.

Kasey Keller no current club
    do I really need to tell you about Keller?

7. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Mmmmmm and he signed for Fulham?

8. jmh

jmh New Member

I can't get onto the club website at the moment but last I saw it was not yet officially announced; but, it's close enough that it's on Cork's website, as we saw.

SIGN KASEY. SIGN KASEY. SIGN KASEY. SIGN KASEY. SIGN KASEY.

(Trying to influence LS psychically.)

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

News from this side of the Pond is that Fulham are being linked with a couple of more players:

O'Donovan is almost a done deal

Sean Davis could make a surprise return to the club. Midfielder Davis quit for Tottenham and is now at Portsmouth but has never recovered his form from his Craven Cottage days.

Liam Ridgewell from Villa is being linked with Fulham

10. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Both Davis and Ridgewell would add a fair amount of depth and experience to the side, but it all depends on the transfer fee that Fulham would pay. IMO, Fulham should concentrate on a backup GK at this time and worry about other positions later.

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Not a huge Keller fan, BUT rate him as a back-up. Plus, I think him and McBride are buds. I'd support him at Fulham for a season or two.

12. Team_of_McBrides

If Coleman were still the manager I could see this move happening, but with LS at the helm I believe he will test the waters else where.

Please please not Roy Carroll...

13. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I think we should give the backup job to this Baptista kid we've got. Got to give the young guys a chance.

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Spceulation on t-f-i has Bouazza from Watford coming to Fulham in a player exchange, Collins John, plus cash. Honestly, I can't see John making the move to Watford and quite honestly, Bouazza never really impressed me at Watford. He is young at 22 and perhaps he will be a good player in time, but I am not sold on him now. The rumoured 4.2 million pounds we would spend to get him could be better spent on a center defender.

15. Team_of_McBrides

4.2 million is far too much for Bouazza at this time. I like the physical presence and pace that he brings, but like Tom I am not sold on his ability.

I would rather let John have another opportunity to prove himself and if his services are deemed excess to LS... sell him in the January transfer window.

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham needs to add another CB if they want to be in the top half of the table. Ridgewell is a disaster and would not help the team at all. Surely there is a quality CB out there at a cheap price. Demerit has been mentioned, but he would probably cost too much. I like Djourou from Arsenal would that be possible on a loan and maybe sign him later? I really do not know if he is going to be a starter for Arsenal and maybe they would let him leave on loan.

Bouazza would be a mistake and John is quality. He needs a full season and oppurtunities to play. The player from Watford is crap and they would be robbing us of a player and money if Fulham made the deal.

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I like Djourou too. I just do not think Arsenal will sell him or even loan him. The center of their defense is questionable with the inconsistent play of Senderos. Djourou played quite a bit last season and I do NOT think Arsenal brought anyone in to shore up that area. Thus, Djourou will likely factor in to the team starting or on the bench.

I agree that we need a quality center back. That would round out a great summer of signings. I think Hyppia would be great if available. I do not claim to be a scout or anything but there must be someone out there available for Fulham to snag. I fear if we do not get another cb, we will have some problems defensively. I think the defense will be better than last season, but a bit more improvement and depth in the back would really solidify the team.

Any ideas or center backs we can buy? Who are the best center backs in the Coca-Cola Championship?

18. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Paddy Mccarthy was pretty good for Leicester. Also Kisnorbo was scouted before, but I am not sure how he played at the Asian cup. I would also not mind if Fulham looked at Meija from Madrid or Thuram from Barca.

19. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I think Warner and Baptista are adequate backups for the time being.

20. andyns

andyns New Member

Warner isn't that good. Julio Baptista in goal, I'd go for that though.