Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

HH has secured a spot with a side playing in the UEFA Cup so well done to him, but I can't see him improving the side much. He is probably their 4th or 5th best striker... Doesn't make much sense, but well done to him and Fulham for striking the iron while it was hot.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Would've been our 4th or 5th best striker as well; at least now he's 4th or 5th on a team playing in the UEFA Cup.

3. Team_of_McBrides

From reports I read earlier, Runstrom is on his way to Kaiserslauten while Wigan have tabled a 2.5 million quid offer for Brown.

Concerning Runstrom... he was a flop and most every Fulham fan knows it. While he may not of been given the proper run out, he didn't do anything to warrant it as well.

In terms of Brown... I won't be heartbroken to see him go to Wigan for 2.5 million. I wouldn't classify him as "excess" in the midfield, but competition has picked up and me might have a fair bit of pine in his future.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Bjorn only really got one chance to play, and that was with the Hatters on loan. From all reports, he did well there, but had the misfortune of having the manager in a row with the board when he got there. He evidently has good field positioning and a nose for the ball. He probably just wasn't what CC thought he was getting. And good luck to him.

Watched the Canadians on FSC this morning and they covered the HH move to Bolton. Little Sam had some glowing things to say about HH and how he was exactly what they needed to do well in the EPL and in the UEFA Cup. From the "off screen banter" while the highlight reel was going on, I think Bobby McMahon was about to puke from the glowing review of his talents.

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Helguson has done well for himself. He is almost 30 years old and has avoided having to play for Watford in the Championship. When you are in your prime you don't want to waste a year playing in a second-class league (anywhere).

Would have been happy if Fulham could have afforded to keep him.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Thanks for everything Heidar...I will always remember your penalty vs. Cech and the sending off of Gallas.

Now, back to Fulham...I hope we can bring in 1 or 2 new faces, namely a CB and another striker!

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

One more CB would be good. Otherwise, give Boca the spot. He seems to be coming into his own.

I'd be fine with one more striker, and/or one more solid back-up to Niemi. Perhaps a young Polish keeper, as they seem to have a pretty good stable of young ones.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

yes...and possibly a back up keeper. but definitely a CB....preferrably one that will start. what about that supposed loan of a good player...is that just a rumor?

10. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i dont know what we need right now, mainly because there are many players whom i dont know if they'll stay around.

i thought (AND HOPED) pearce was a goner, but he played at brighton so i guess he's in the squad? same with qqq (i wanted him to stay)

runny has been linked to somewhere germany, qqq has been linked to the jordies, and brown to the lactics. but what about john and christenval? they've dropped off the planet.

say we lose all 5 players - what then? i really dont want a repeat of last summer where players left at the last minute and werent replaced.

11. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

12. Team_of_McBrides

Thread on it already KF...

I guess his perspective is the counter balance to all the optimism around the club... debby downers.

13. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

14. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

15. Team_of_McBrides

Brown, IMO, has been deemed excess by Sanchez. I don't believe he is ideal for LS's plans and Wigan have offered a fair price for him as well. LS hasn't got much wrong this summer and don't see much downside to selling Brown... other than we lose a well 'ard player.

16. jmh

jmh New Member

17. martin

martin New Member

Brown is a liability and I don't mind him leaving. To me, he is the epitome of a Chris Coleman player: hard working, hard tackling, 100% effort, makes the most of his limited ability. But too often that effort resulted in bad tackles and outright thuggery. There is a role for a player like that, but you can't make him a central figure on your team and you sure as hell don't make him captain. Smertin and Diop can handle the holding midfield role with a lot more skill and sense.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I see that Bjorn's transfer to K-Town, isn't. It seems that it's a season-long loan.

I think that's a great idea. Let's see how he fares in BL2. If he gets some football pitch time, maybe he'll be a bit more mature when the loan is up. I still haven't given up on him.

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

My work has locked me out of the site so my posts are going to be limited on here unfortunately. Anyways, having watched today, we need another center back that has some experience and toughness. I hope we do not have to go through another season with Zat leading the charge in the back. He is NOT Premiership material.

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

OUCH! I guess they caught on then, sucks. I guess they can't be blamed to much.