Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I like Cook as he has the skill level to play in this league. If Franck is going to Newcastle though then I would much rather have N'Zogbia as he could turn into a really good player. Either way though whoever we sign at that spot we have solved our left sided problem.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I agree here about N'Zogbia. I think he is class. At Newcastle for one reason or another he has NOT been given the playing time I feel he has deserved and because of that has not been able to showcase his full array of talent. If we can somehow fleece the Magpies and get in in exchange for Queudrue and cash it would make an already great summer even better.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

As long as LS doesn't favor the NI players with regards to playing time, I don't imagine there'll be any problems.

Especially once Bullard is back, we're quite deep in central midfield at this point. Though LS has stated that he wants to use attacking wingers, that doesn't seem to jive with the strengths of our squad at this point (pending the signing of Cook or someone else to play the left side). One TFI poster suggested a lineup that I thought sounded intriguing:

-------------- Niemi --------------
    ----- Baird - Knight - Boca -----
    Rosenior -------------- Konchesky
    ---- Davies - Diop - Davis -----
    -------- McBride - Kamara --------

Though since word has that one of the ways LS convinced Kamara to sign for us was by promising that he'd be playing in a 4-4-2 (or if I recall correctly playing behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1), maybe we're looking at:

----------------- Niemi -----------------
    Rosenior - Baird - Boca - Konchesky
    Davies --- Diop --- Davis --- ??????
    ---------------- Kamara ----------------
    ---------------- McBride ----------------

Sorry for all the speculation, I'm just a bit anxious for the season to start!

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

as are the rest of us!!!! no apology needed jmh. I like the look of both of those lineups....It sounds like Davies played really well yesterday. can anyone confirm that?

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Not sure on Davies starting XI spot yet, but he did have a quality match the other day. Lets not forget though it was just one match... an exhibition match.

Cook seems to be on his way to Fulham, but if LS can add N'Zogbia to the side I would be even more pleased. Imagine if the Cottagers landed both... would be set for both transfer periods IMO.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

A few posts on TFI seem to say that Cook is a done deal. Sky still says it's "close". I can't get onto the club website to see if there's any announcement, but since it's 5am in London I don't imagine they've put anything new up recently anyway!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This is the third transfer period we've had since I started posting here, and I've never seen such optimism. Interestingly, this optimism doesn't come from kool-aid drinkers that think we're going to win it all and kick AC Milan's ass next season in the ECL; instead, it comes from pretty solid analysis of how our new signings will slot in from dozens of very knowledgable observers. Now there is a reason we "have to play the games" before we know how it will all play out, but I have to say that I have as much optimism as any of you.

Bring on the Gooners! COYW FTID!!!!!!!

8. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Apparently we've put in bid for Roy O'Donovan from Cork City (Eircom League). His wikipedia article lists him at 5'10" but he looks a bit smaller from what I've seen. One guy on TFI who lives in Cork has been talking him up quite a bit, saying he could be better than Kevin Doyle. He plays on the right wing, and shouldn't cost any more than 500k...very good low-risk, high-reward gamble IMO.

9. martin

martin New Member

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have heard a lot of good things about Cook. I think he is a solid addition to the team and obviously him being a left-sided player is huge. Having never seen him play, I can't say much in detail about him. I do know and have read that QPR supporters we very fond of him and that he will be missed there. That must mean he was a pretty good player. Let's hope he can make the jump up to the Premiership.

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

So Tom, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the offseason so far...was it what you expected or not?

Also, welcome Cook, let's hope you are a Fulham legend...for those who don't know him, here is a few clips:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHMW0xvzCL4

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

wow!!! what a transfer period. back up keeper anyone? or are we good to go? what a job by LS. can't wait for Arsenal

13. richardhkirkando

I'll take Roy O'Donovan and a back up keeper. I wonder if there are any loan deals on the horizon?

14. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I am in utter shock of what LS has accomplished in his first transfer period. Seven quality transfers all of which could possibly start. Love his shinanigans thus far.

Cook, from what I've read, is one of the top rated players CC. I haven't seen much of him, but I'm hoping he will solidify the LW position for seasons to come. Well done LS... IMO... Fulham's had the most productive transfer period of any side in the prem.

Might need to explain that last comment further, but I am in a rush.

Cheers

15. jmh

jmh New Member

Rumor on TFI has been for a while, and continues to be, that there's going to be a high-profile player coming on on loan.

C IS FOR COOKIE, THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME
    OH COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH C

:D :D :D :D :D

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

dude...if we get a high profile player...even on loan...after the transfer period we've had...i'll probably crap my pants!!!!

17. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Hahahahaahaha!!! Finer words have never been written. Wilde would be jealous.

18. psand22

psand22 Member

Man, what a transfer period. Here's a big toast to LS and MAF for making it happen. I just wonder what's next? There's a lot of rumors still flying around.

1. Have Warner or Baptista stepped up in practice or is there another Goalie coming in? I sure hope so with Niemi's injury problems last year.

19. tibor

tibor New Member

Looks like HH is on his way to BOLTON. Keep it mediocre, Heidar.

20. richardhkirkando

Looks like Iceland media are reporting that Helguson has signed with Bolton for up to 2.2m based on appearances. He was probably the odd man out for us, but good luck to him (except when playing Fulham)!