Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Lyle,

Ask any Birmingham if Pandiani lived up to all the hype? The answer is no. He isn't suited for the prem and needs loads of time on the ball to be affective. Sure he is a talented header of the ball, but Fulham has McBride. Who I would argue is a more talented header of the ball than Pandiani.

Pandiani and McBride's styles are far too similar. Fulham needs to have another aspect to their attack and Healy can bring that to Fulham's side.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

320 and counting now, HD (barring a quick strike by TOC in the final seconds of my post), and I, unfortunately, continue whistling...

"...and in the middle of negotiations, you break down..."

3. nevzter

Forget Abbey Road, I refuse to continue to associate such good musical times with my Fulham woes. I think I can sum up Fulham's last 4 months quite well within this snippet from The Who:

But I'm a substitute for another guy, (Sanchez for Cookie)
    I look pretty tall, by my heels are high, (Sanchez' glory was leading a Euro qualifying group with Norn Iron)
    The simple things you see are all complicated, (MAF really won't give L.S. the quid he promised)
    I look pretty young, but I'm just back dated, yeah (Fulham will be lucky to land a couple of 30+ professional journeymen).

"substitute, my coke for gin..."

4. Team_of_McBrides

So eloquently put. You my friend are a modern day Shakespeare.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and, finally ... Fulham's manager is Lawrie Sanchez --- WHO?
    Your post made my morning, pard. Thanks.

6. Team_of_McBrides

Can I make a request?

Maybe for your next comparison of lyrics of song to football, could you use some Styx. Maybe some Come Sail Away, Renegade, Babe, Lady or even Mr. Robotto?

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Healy will be 28 in August. He's not as old as Pandiani, but he's hardly a "youth player".

Honestly, if we want a young striker with the potential to stick in some goals, we're not going to do much better than Collins John without dropping a bunch of cash. I think Tom is right, LS's efforts should be focused on improving the defense and finding a real left-sided midfielder.

8. Team_of_McBrides

I would go for just finding a player period right now. Not to say just throw your money away on some random player, but get in there and get a quality signing.

Not asking for Eto'o or anything, but start filling in the positions that are needed.

9. Team_of_McBrides

Watching the England and Slovakia youngsters on tv right now. Kieran Richardson is not looking bac at all. Just put a decent shot on goal.

He is ripe for the picking with the inclusion of Nani and Anderson. It is worth an ask?

Edited 2:53...check that. Penalty converted by Richardson. I just know how to call them I guess.

sorry fog...

10. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Kieran Richardson probably is too expensive for us. Although he'd fit in with Fulham on the left side. He and Dempsey might would play well together.

11. Team_of_McBrides

Would definitely alleviate the immediate need for a striker. Think about the runs that Dempsey and Richardson could throw at defenses along with the fantastic service they could provide to the strikers. I think goals would come far easier.

But...the big problem is that he is english. So his price tag will automatically be almost twice as much as he is actually worth.

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i say go for it...after we get some CB's .....but i like Richardson and what he has to offer. Plus we need a left sided mid desperately

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

yeah... he's probably out of our price range. although, apparently Sheffield United are after him. he probably doesn't even want to leave Man U even if he doesn't play all that much.

him on one side and Dempsey on the other would seem to work.

14. Team_of_McBrides

I don't think any professional likes to just sit on the sidelines and watch the precious time that they have as a professional dwindle away.

Richcardson will more than likely move on. He knows he isn't rated above Nani, Anderson, Giggs or Ronaldo. It is just a matter of time before he leaves.

15. nevzter

Thanks for the compliments TOC and HD. And to TOC, I'm working on a Styx "Blue Collar Man" tie in...

I too, watched most of the England U21 match and I'd love for FFC to sign Kieran...unfortunately and as described above, he's probably out of Fulham's price range despite being the odd man out at Old Trafford.
    I concur, CB's should be the #1 priority.

Just make a move...please...make a move to improve the club.

16. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Your right... but being a part of Man U or a "big 4" side is that you are part of something great. If he goes somewhere else, he's going to know he's not somewhere great. Avoiding that feeling might mean he's ok riding the bench.

A friend played major college football at one of the top SEC schools. He got hurt, new coach came in and he's was pushed down the depth chart. Frustrated he left school and went to a Division 1-AA school. Hated it... cause he knew he belong at a higher level, or just enjoyed being part of the higher level. Just look at how Alan Smith is fighting to not leave Man U, even if he's just a squad member. Richardson grew up in the Man U system. Anything else is less.

17. Team_of_McBrides

Good point at playing for a big for, or lack of play for a bit four though. Ten or fifteen years down the road, at this rate, who will really remember Richardson played for Man Utd. I will, because for some reason I remember random facts, but most fans will not. He has to want more and if anything prove SAF and Man Utd wrong that they needed to go outside the club to buy talented wingers instead of utilizing him.

18. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed by all this talk of blowing your entire wad on one or two "big" name players.

It reminds me of the recent NFL tirades about the Patriots bringing in a big name player, Randy Moss, when they were traditionally known as a team who grew together.

My suggestion for FFC - scout up some young and quality players in the lower leagues. Players who would jump at the chance to play in the EPL and build them up. If I am not mistaken, Alex Ferguson and many of the other great football managers had similiar plans. How else do you think Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes have been with Man U for almost 2 decades?

</rant>

19. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

It is a good point - but watch Liam this year, if he progresses and becomes a solid defender then he will be tempted away by a top 6-7 club with prospects of Europe. If there is an under 21 worth watching in the lower divisions people will already be aware of them, and where approriate we have bought youth - it's what the academy system is there to do.

The upshot being, it is easier to hang onto your kid superstars (and attrack the next generation) if you are Man U - not so easy if you are Fulham.

20. Team_of_McBrides

The big name you are refering to I would guess is Richardson then?