Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I like where your head is at and I think I will stop by the local store and proceed to consume some salty deliciousness.

This thread has strayed a bit...

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

My apologies...when others start talking sunflower seeds...mmmmmmmm

3. Team_of_McBrides

Getting back to what Mike posted...

Still would rather have Heally, Cook and Jones to help fill the attacking roll up top with McBride. I have more faith that the three of them will come good than the hot headed pompous Mido.

Fulham may have a little more to offer in terms of perks outside of football, but Fiorentina may ultimately win out. I am pulling for Fulham though. Ufalusi seems to be quality.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

yep...that's why i chose them.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

what about Young Pyo Lee? or however his name is spelled...the left back for Tottenham? is he still there...did he leave? i believe they bought Bale from Southampton...why don't we go after him? then we can have the Korean connection with the other Lee...or whoever the other Korean is that we have coming in...whatever his name is. please inform me of this situation since i don't even know if Youn Pyo is on Tottenham still. TOC...i'm sure you know. enlighten me!

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

and i know he's a left back...not center...i just think we could use some help on the left too...love Que but he was really up and down in my opinion.

7. nevzter

Lee is still at Spurs.

8. Team_of_McBrides

Lee is still currently at Spurs, but with Bale being introduced into the squad I see his first team time dwindling significantly.

Lee does get forward well and provides quality service, but often times he gets caught in possession and doesn't always play the smartest ball. He isn't what you would refer to as a "no nonsense defender". Would provide good cover at LB.

9. nevzter

Bale most definitely displaced Lee at left back, and I do agree with TOC that Lee gets forward and supports well, but not an outstanding defender and I'll leave it to others to say whether he's better than UUU - I think they're evenly matched overall.

Lee can dance though, as I recall he had a groove session in the corner with a fellow Spur after a goal (can't remember who)...maybe he can move to the Reds and create a routine to perform with Crouch, the "Anfield Slide" or something...

10. Team_of_McBrides

Don't think Henry, Lee or any of the other dancers in the prem can match the silky smooth moves of one Peter Crouch. That and he would be cover for Riise anyways.

11. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I definitely think Fulham should go for Ujfalusi, but he has teams like Bayern Munich tailing him. He's leaving Fiorentina I imagine, but he has teams playing in Europe wanting him. I think Everton is even linked to him.

Maybe Al Fayd can promise him his own English harem or something, but the chances of Fulham getting this guy are just slim I think.

Russell Anderson excites me though.

12. Team_of_McBrides

Either one would fill in nicely at Fulham. Ideally it would be fantastic to have Ujfalusi, but he would be a much more difficult target to sign for Fulham as oppose to Anderson.

Aberdeen fans love Anderson and really dont want him to go either. Think if we can get a defender who is willing to put in the work rate desired by Cottagers then the defense will vastly improve. Attack I believe will be much better this upcoming season with a healthy John, fit McBride and Dempsey ready to prove himself. (Not sure if Helgusson is off or not?)

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am not so sold on the current attack of Fulham, but as I have mentioned many other times, the priority must be buying defenders. We need at least two. If the defense improves next season it will be amazing how many more matches we will pick up points in.

I believe in building a team from the back up to the front. Right now, Fulham has no problems at right back but outside of that, we seem to have squad players that make up the center half roles and the left back role. Queudrue is simply just aging before our eyes and while Knight, Boca, Christanval and Pearce have played okay at times, none have shown the consistency needed to lead a solid defensive unit.

Defense is key my friends. We must get some new defenders if nothing else.

14. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

If we get Ujfalusi AND Anderson, I will be quite fine with it. Add a undervalued Gooch to the equation, and we are one left footed winger and one striker away from me being completely satisfied.

15. Team_of_McBrides

Gooch? Sure that would be a wise choice. He fell flat on his face at Newcastle. There is obviously room for him to improve, but not sold on if it is gamble worth take. I would be more comfortable with Ujfalusi and Anderson (maybe simek).

Who are the main LW targets at this time anyways?

Healy, Jones and Cook are the only ones that I have read about thus far mentioned as possible strikers or attacking players. Looks promising.

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I would take a chance on Onyewu. Paticularly because the price will be lower after his time at Newcastle did not go that well. However, I would NOT judge him based soley on his brief spell in the Premiership. It usually takes players from non-English based leagues time to adapt. Particularly players coming in January as Onyewu did.

I would take him in a heartbeat over Simek. Simek is NOT even a true center half and has NOT played in the Premiership. Onyewu is the better player in my opinion. I doubt Fulham will go after Onyewu this summer, but you never know. He would help us though and I think he will come good as a solid Premiership defender down the road. Whether he comes good at Fulham or another club remains to be seen.

As for left wingers, the players I heard Fulham were after was Ronaldo, Morten Gamst Pedersen and Arjen Robben. Obviously I am kidding. A player mentioned was Matthew Etherington who seems to be out of favor at West Ham. I am sure there are others that we are targeting, but I am not sure who they are.

17. Team_of_McBrides

Etherington isn't a half bad. Would much rather have Benayoon as a winger for Fulham, but you can't get everything you want.

Do dispell the rumour apparently going around that Simek isn't a true CB. That is what he was his entire time at Arsenal's academy and QPR. He has only just recently become RB for his new club Wednesday.

18. Lyle

Lyle New Member

He hasn't been playing CB for the Wednesday though. And he's short. There are/was a rumor Everton might be interested him. The Wednesday boss said "no way he's going".

19. Team_of_McBrides

Every manager in his position with half a brain wouldn't want to let Simek go. He is a fan favorite, has great work ethic and can deliver a well timed tackle.

I don't suspect he will come to Fulham, but it is a name I would like to be thrown into the mix of possible transfers. Definitely would want him to avoid going to Everton, couldn't stand to see him in that blue shirt.

20. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Didn't Simek get a little time for Arsenal when he was with the reserves there?