Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Le sigh. Yet another morning with no new news. I keep logging on here at work hopping to read something like ...

"Freak Ronaldinho accident causes brain damage and he signs with Fulham FC for mere pennies. When asked, he had only this statement, 'I liked their new kits!!111'"

I know it's still early, but cmon!

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

According to Steve B on T-F-I, Fulham is hot on the trail of Czech defender Tomas Ujafalusi from Fiorentina. He is surplus to requirements there and he mentioned personal terms have been met. Now it is just a matter of the clubs agreeing to a fee thought to be around 5 million Euros.

Ujafalusi is a Czech international and a player I would love to see at Fulham. He is a strong defender and a leader on the pitch which is exactly what Fulham needs in the back line. I hope this happens.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Cook would be a good signing to get the transfer period started off with. I've seen him play before and read some fantastic articles about him from his manager, fans and other players.

Scott Carson, I would doubt liverpool at this time would let him go. He didn't do a bad job for Charlton last year and with Dudek leaving the only other cover at keeper for the reds would be Paldelli.

Probably the most talented signing the Cottagers have been linked with is Davis at this time. Tireless work rate and it produces results.

Papa leaving for 2.5 would be a crime and Cottager supporters would riot.

4. Team_of_McBrides

Haha, just seem to check in on the forum periodically throughout the work day when I have a free moment. As you can see I have a lot of free moments.

Cheers

5. Team_of_McBrides

Can't help but think that Fulham should make a move for Damarcus Beasley. He's shown he can score in the premier league, not too long ago he was considered the top winger in the dutch league (2005), he can play on either wing (LW is needed by Fulham) and he will be available at a seemingly bargain price.

Rangers has been chomping at the bit to get a hold of him, but I believe it would be a waste of his talents to play in the SPL. Surely a move to the EPL would be more enticing then playing in the SPL.

I'm not just saying this because he is a yank. He could help Fulham fight off relegation and progress up the table.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Right, but, I mean, Borgetti SUCKS. That doesn't mean there isn't still plenty of talent in Mexico (Marquez is a very good player, even if he is a dick; Ochoa is going to be a starting keeper somewhere in Europe for a long time) and even in the smaller Central American countries (Dwight Yorke scored an assload of goals at Villa and Man United). Obviously not every prospect pans out, but there's certainly value to be had.

This may be a stupid question, but does Ujfalusi speak English?

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Where do i apply? I'd love to follow all the Euro leagues as closely as you do...just don't have time at my job! :)

8. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I believe Ujfalusi was one of the key members involved in hosting the early morning party complete with hookers in the hotel room prior to a Checz Euro qualifier.

I won't hold it against him but I think some will.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

oh yeah...one more thing TOC....you will have outposted me by the end of the day...keep it up...i wanna see how long it takes you to catch Petty or Mike. :)

10. Masshole

Masshole New Member

Sorry, I have been very lax posting on here. I spend most of my time on the fulham board as DempseyFan, but I promise to post nonsense here as much as possible. :D

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That's the way to do it! Glad you have Internet access in that trailer. :D

12. Team_of_McBrides

Not too sure I will be able to catch them anytime soon. I am trying not to make garbage posts, but something with actual substance. Hope I haven't been flooding the message boards with crap.

13. Team_of_McBrides

I remember that article. Wasn't Rosicky involved with that as well? I remember that the members of the Czech team weren't too apologetic afterwards either.

14. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Tomas Ujafalusi for 5m euros would be fantastic.

£3.5 Ujafalusi
    £5 S. Davis
    £2 Anderson
    £2 Cook/Jones
    £1 Healy

Not sure if Anderson is still on the radar, but these signings would put us over the £10m number that has been suggested. That said, I'd be very happy if we end up with all of these guys.

15. Team_of_McBrides

That would not be a bad set of signings for Fulham at all. I doubt they will get all of them to sign, but Fulham was able to sign Davis, Cook, Jones and Healy I would be satisfied. Still leaves a few holes in the squad, but there is always January.

16. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Ujfalusi is NOT coming to Fulham. He is too good to. Bayern Munich and some other big clubs apparently want him. Fiorentina is a bigger club than Fulham as well.

Look... even if we can afford said player, Fulham simply doesn't have the prestige to get them to come. That's why McBride, Bocanegra, and Dempsey are at Fulham... they're no name guys in Europe.

You don't bring in "Lee Cook" or "Russell Anderson", and also bring in Tomas Ujfalusi. Makes jack sense.

Oh... and it looks like Collins John is staying at Fulham. He's highlighted on Fulham's website.

17. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Yeah, but little Rosicky at least wasn't married. Has/had a Czech model girlfriend. Oh well.

18. Team_of_McBrides

I don't know if I will put a lot of stock in John bouncing back. Can't really see him banging in 10 goals this season, but I would be pleasantly surprised if he does.

Never mind eating a slice of humble pie every once in a while.

19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

...or listening to "30 Days In The Hole" once in a while either!

20. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Apparently he has some hidden talents that have yet to come to fruition. Some people think Chris Coleman held him back or messed him up. They think Sanchez thinks he can bring him around.

If true, could be good.