LOCKED: January 08 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

RE: Smith commenting on Cousin ordeal

I would agree with Cousin being the one getting screwed in all of this but so is everyone else invovled. I wish I knew how things worked at FIFA so I could criticize them, but it seems like they have these policies in their back pocket to use when it's "convenient" for them regardless of the ramifications.

Then when a big four or perrenial Champions League competitor comes to them they just leave the policies in their back pocket and give the clubs whatever they ask for. Absolute garbage and it's frustrating.

I can't wait to spend millions on Cousin just in time for him to be at our last Prem game in the cottage. Then for him to leave after we get relegated to the Champ. Okay now I know Cousin may not be the end all be all to our problems but I feel like we're almost there right now, just ooooone mooooore guy and we're over the hump.

We're having great spells of posession, Nevland needs a big guy who can knock balls down to him and that will hopefully be McBride in the upcoming fixtures but Cousin can do that too, and score. Who knows, a few goals here or there by Cousin and we win a few games and stay up.

F*ck FIFA!?!? Sorry to use harsh symbols.

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

The World Soccer Daily guys said he played 90 minutes in an Intertoto match as well. If that's true, I doubt he comes.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Agreed, Don. What a joke. You're trying to tell me that everyone at FIFA has been SO BUSY for the last three weeks that not ONE of them has had time to look into this?

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

This thread should be re-named FIFA SUCKS. First, they couldn't look at until the end of the ACN (why, I have no idea. Don't they have a specific department for these transactions?). Finally today was going to be the day when a resolution was going to be handed out, now a delay (next week some time...). Funny, Rangers just happen to be playing UEFA Cup football vs Panathiakos today and are short stikers due to a suspension. If Cousin features today the stench of corruption is beyond mind-blowing.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

If FIFA turns down the Cousin move it will be yet another example of how bigger clubs receive preferential treatment. As we all know, just last season Javier Mascherano was in a similar situation when he was trying to join Liverpool. Not only did he get to join the Reds, but it was done in a relatively quick manner.

This whole Cousin saga is a joke and FIFA's way of going about this is even more absurd. This decision can't take much time to make. Get on with it!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Cousin played 23 minutes for Rangers today in their UEFA Cup match. There's no indication that he picked up a knock or anything.

My cynical side says that he's on his way down to London, but FIFA delayed "deciding" that so that Rangers could use him today. Poor lads; they're a bit short of strikers it seems.

8. psand22

psand22 Member

FIFA claims to be making a decision this week and the rumors on the Cousin's move are still flying. In the papers today: "The People" say the deal is dead and "The Mirror" says that Cousin will get special dispensation and the deal will be approved. Who really knows....I just wish they would make up their minds one way or another.

The article also claim that: Sheffield United winger Lee Martin, Bolton's Gary Cahill and Sunderland's Phil Bardsley have played for three this term.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Per a Rangers fan I know on another board, Cousin is with the team in Greece and will be in the match squad against Panathinaikos on Thursday unless FIFA approves the transfer in the meantime. (Yeah, right.)

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

If Fifa has put off the decision for the Rangers game vs. Panathinaikos then that must be good news for Fulham!!!!! Otherwise, Fifa should have said "no" last week. If I am wrong then super super shame shame shame on an incompetent, why should US sports fans embrace soccer, FIFA.

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A delayed decision again? Rangers playing thurs.?? Can imagine how the Greek fans will feel IF Cousin plays a part in Gers advancing and FIFA grants the "special dispensation" on Friday? I would like to share your optimism on this one Mo, but FIFA has shown time and again that leaving a smaller club twist in the wind is par for the course.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

Yeah, that's what's infuriates me when the guy I know who supports Liverpool attempts to commiserate with me over this stuff.

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Martin, Bardsley, and Cahill played on loan. So they weren't ever on 3 teams. Bardsley and Cahill are on their 2nd teams though this year.

14. jmh

jmh New Member

If I'm not mistaken, the rule isn't about ownership, it's about how many teams you've played for in a given term. I could be wrong though.

15. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

If that's true, then Fulham's own Collins John is in violation as well. He came on as a sub for us against Villa in August and has since been loaned to Leicester City and now Watford.

16. jmh

jmh New Member

Hmm, I guess that makes sense - CJ can't be the only guy ever to be loaned out twice in a given year and also make an appearance for the owning club.

Speaking of loans, Ian Pearce goes to Southampton on loan for a month.

17. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

19. jmh

jmh New Member

Wasn't aware that was even being discussed.

Given that we don't know how McBride is going to recover, or how long it'll take Johnson to get match fit, or whether Nevland will be able to score in the Premier League, or whether the Cousin transfer will go through. Healy isn't a world-beater but at least he's a known quantity.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Welcome back, my friends, to the transfer window that never ends:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc ... ationwide3

Wow! that was a long link. Anyhow, Brown looked good in the one match he featured in, and has had a good season in the reserves. The rest of the season starting should do him some good. If we get relegated, I think he'll challange for a starting spot. If we stay up, he should be good enough to get some sub time.