LOCKED: January 08 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

{to the tune of "come on united"}

emile mpenza, emile mpenza!

2. krhimself

krhimself New Member

I cringed when I first read the rumor. Here's hoping that this isn't true, he's hardly among the premier players of the SPL...

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

this guy has been mentioned again along w/ Boumsong.

"In a bid to shore up his defence, Hodgson is believed to be looking to Europe for possible January purchases. Bernard Mendy is one target but the Paris Saint Germain defender has also attracted interest from the likes of Middlesbrough, Celtic, Portsmouth and former club Bolton Wanderers. Fulham are believed to be at the front of the queue to land the 26-year-old and the player has expressed a desire to return to The Premier League. Another defender being linked with a move to Craven Cottage is former Newcastle United centre back Jean-Alain Boumsong. The 28-year-old France international is currently with Juventus but the Serie A side may be willing to do business if it allows them to swell their own transfer kitty."

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Boumsong? I must say Roy needs his eyes examined. He was a laughing stock at Nufc. He was the biggest joke to ever grace a Premier League pitch. Even the commentators were saying how rubbish he was. Seriously he is crap and would cost us points instead of gain us points.

All of these players are crap. Well most of them are. I cannot believe that with this much money to spend between 2 transfer windows we cannot come up with a team that can compete in the top 10. We were not that far off to begin with and now we are going backwards instead of forwards. You lot know how much I disliked Cookies tactical play, but I wish we had him back. If he was given 40M this club would be where Man City is right now.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Stephane Henchoz a target?

"Henchoz has been VERY much out in the cold this season, having returned to Ewood Park as a free agent at the start of the 2006-2007 season. With former Rovers manager Roy Hodgson having taken over at Fulham, with him a former National manager of Henchoz's when he was in charge of Switzerland this could be a viable option?"

6. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

Funny how with all the rumours flying around, there seem to be zero, none, bugger all rumours about other clubs interested in OUR players. Nobody sniffing around Kamara, or Bouazza, or Healy or Murphy, or Baird, or even Dempsey. Seems like nobody else rates our players.

7. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Are.

You.

Serious.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

Hodgson on Transfers

(Emphasis mine)

Sounds like the right attitude to me. I hope the transfer market cooperates so he won't have to lower his standards.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Fulham fancy £5million Nugent swoop

The former Preston North End striker has failed to establish himself at Portsmouth following his £6million summer move to Fratton Park, and Roy Hodgson is prepared to give him a Premier League lifeline at Craven Cottage.

However, although the Londoners would be happy to pay around £5million for the England cap, Pompey boss Harry Redknapp is reluctant to let him go as his squad is severely hampered by the African Cup of Nations.

"Nugent has become more professional in training and his outlook," said Redknapp. "He has worked hard on his game in the last month or so, has improved him training and hopefully now he'll get his chance to do well."

Kuqi loan won't be renewed
    Shefki Kuqi will be in Neil Warnock's plans when he returns from his loan spell with Fulham

Luis Figo
    The Portugal legend is currently plying his trade in Italy with Inter Milan, yet he is out of favour at the Serie A champions who are willing to let him leave on a free transfer.

Roy Hodgson has been told he can make a move for the 35-year-old during the winter transfer window, as he looks to guide the struggling London club away from the Premier League relegation zone.

Fulham Football Club are said to be interested in Luis Figo.

However, the Cottagers could face competition for Figo in the unlikely guise of Queens Park Rangers, with the recently cash-rich Championship club willing to pay the former Barcelona and Real Madrid ace £75,000-per-week.

10. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

woah derby just became wholly volatile. jewell just added the fossil laurent robert, the thug savage, and mental ghaly.

now there's going to be an interesting relegation squad. maybe feilhaber will learn how to crack some skulls like bradley did in the u-20 :banana:

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I have to say, I DON'T agree with you at all. First off, the laughing stock at Nufc was Bramble, BAR NONE. As for the biggest joke to grace a EPL pitch, it just sounds like you are bitter towards the man as that statement is just plain silly.

'If he's good enough to get into the France squad on a regular basis and play for Juve he's more than good enough for us IMO, has height and presence we badly lack at the minute too, you won't get many centre backs with those qualities for £2m.

Playing alongside the likes of Bramble, Taylor and Babayaro etc. is enough to drag anyone down and make them look worse.

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Just ask Onyewu...

13. DCDave

DCDave Member

I don't know anything about this Boumsong guy, but according to this, Liverpool are interested in him. It's been quite a while that a big club was interested in a player that we were going for. On that basis alone, I hope we get him.

--------------------------

Things couldn’t get much worse for Rafa Benitez after a series of distinctly average performances have left his Liverpool side well of the title pace. And after that shambles of a display against Luton, he has now been linked with a move for comedy defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, who is also a loan target for Roy Hodgson’s Fulham (The Sun).

14. DCDave

DCDave Member

Here is something from FFC4Life (don't know him/her) on TIFF (the old TFI) on Boumsong:

-------------------------

This article was penned by a Newcastle supporter at the end of Boumsong's first season at the club:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcpla ... song.shtml

Sure, we all remember the mistakes he made the season after this, but judging by the tone of the article he was well liked and respected up until then - even captaining Newcastle successfully in Shearer's absense. Players sometimes have bad years - Boumsong was one of the most highly rated defenders in Europe before his bad year in 2005/06.

I remember watching him for Auxerre along Philippe Mexes and - believe me - the guy was sheer class. Comparing him to Zat Knight or Titus Bramble is a joke - neither of them have ever had anywhere near the ability that Boumsong once displayed. If Hodgson can get him playing at his best, £2m will prove to be an absolute steal.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow, I didn't realize Figo was that old already. NEXT!

16. DCDave

DCDave Member

I don't know if he's still good right now, but if he is, we should get him, no matter his age. We need to focus first on staying up. We may have to sacrifice some of the future to stay up.

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He was crap in this league. Maybe he has played well in France and Italy, but in England he was complete rubbish. I remember one time he made such a horrible mistake that a commentator said that he might be going to the World Cup, but he certainly is not premiership class(Not exact words, but nearly). He and Bramble were bad and if he is doing so good in Italy why is he not playing more? The answer is because he has not shined in Italy either. Go back and watch some of the horrible mistakes he made for Newcastle and see if you still want him. We already had Knight do we need another player with talent that makes stupid mistakes?

18. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Newest rumor is Mark Bresciano from Palermo.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

He's good. Not necessarily the type of player we're looking for, but if we have to be looking at an attacking midfielder (which we already have a number of), then at least we're looking at one who's neither crappy nor over the hill.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I know I said this about Lawrie also, but Roy's the guy in the room; he's all we have. I'm prepared to applaud every personnel decision he makes in an effort to keep us up.

Old Geezer's Black 'n White Army!!