Liverpool vs. Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Team_of_McBrides, Nov 18, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, I aint all that overjoyed... there's 10 points between the perennial top boys and #5, and just another 10 points between #5 and relegation zone.

I DO like the 'GO TO' defending, though.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

It's going to be a dogfight, no doubt, but I'm much happier to be looking at the fray from #9 than from #19.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Tremendous first half out of Fulham. They took the fight to Liverpool and the away supporters were in good voice. Second half was frantic defending at times, but they were able to cut out most chances. Schwarzer... you're the MAN and how about AJ and Zamora? They are looking dangerous as ever and the chemistry is growing by leaps and bounds.

Woy's got us on the move and I'm loving it.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

:banana: :banana:

A clean sheet away and an all-around great effort...again!

:banana: :banana:

5. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Wow, who would thought they would get this point and at anfield no less. Hats off to Hodgson and the boys.

6. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

But 5 points between us and the drop zone. Starting to get significant.

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Scary thing is, so am I -- there's a long way to go for the year. I think that a team that can get a point out of Anfield will beat the drop, right? Right?

Sorry I missed the festivities! My game worked out pretty well -- http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?name ... highlight=

Can someone show a clip of highlights, por favor?

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

9. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

10. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

I'm over the moon mates, it's been one of the best Fulham Premiership away games that I remember.
    Schwarzer and Pantsil were the heroes of the day.
    Plus, I'm glad that at the end Dempsey to have conquered his place in the starting XI.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks, Hoppy, for the highlights. Nice to hear from both you and Han-Solo.

12. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

Thanks HD.

What a weak excuse from Benitez: ""We had a situation when maybe five players were well below their best. The players who had been away with their countries looked tired," Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez said.

Well how many did we have on international duty - Schwarzer in Bahrain, Pantsman somewhere in Africa. Hangeland and Nevland ? Jimmy travelling to Germany. Gera for Hungary. Baird for NI. Hughes and Davies recovering from injuries. Plus Liverpool have a much bigger and more expensive squad than us.

13. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

14. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

The best thing about this result was the way the boys handled everything Liverpool could throw at them with such class. Maximum respect to FFC! It's a great time to be a Fulham supporter. I know the Prem is loaded, but from a "Southern Boy" to all y'all, I say, "Bring 'em on!!!!!!"

15. jmh

jmh New Member

Aww, poor Rafa. I'm just SO SAD that your 40 million pound front line was tired. :roll:

16. HarbordSteve

HarbordSteve New Member

I'm not suggesting we celebrate too early as this is the tightest Premier race ever and there is a long way to go, but.... what a turnaround from last year at this time, to refesh your collective memories here is a 11 game span from late 2007/early 2008:

Liverpool 2 - 0 Fulham
    Fulham 2 - 2 Blackburn
    Man U 2 - 0 Fulham
    Everton 3 - 0 Fulham
    Fulham 0 - 1 Newcastle
    Fulham 1 - 1 Wigan
    Spurs 5 - 1 Fulham
    Birmingham 1 - 1 Fulham
    Fulham 1 - 2 Chelsea
    West Ham 2 - 1 Fulham
    Fulham 0 - 3 Arsenal

Outscored 22 - 7.

Plus we are 3rd in the Last Six Table (including away games at Portsmouth, Everton, Liverpool) and one of only 7 teams with a positive GD in the league.

What a difference a year makes!

17. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I was able to check the match in a pub while on vacation in Naples, FL. The place is the home of the Rangers Fan club so it was hard to hear the game at times while they were playing Aberdeen, but what a great result! I can't agree more that Schwarzer played fantastic. Probably the best showing all season so far.

18. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I'm amazed you were you able to stand the rotten cabbage smell, SC? And not to bust your bubble, but the loudest one with the pot belly and beard, with "his" arm around you cheering the blue poo on, was actually a woman. Their best looking one at that.

However, you have truly shown your allegiance and shown the sacrifices you are willing to make on behalf of the most Uniquely Fantatsic Football Club, Fulham FC. Cheers.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

And of those fixtures that we've played so far this year, @Liverpool is a draw instead of a loss, @Everton was still a loss but at least closer, vs. Newcastle is a win instead of a loss, and vs. Chelsea is a win instead of a loss.

20. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Super super point yesterday.

I really like Zamora and AJ up front. Zamora has a beautiful first touch and AJ is a master footballer. Rather than play it through the midfield the same way every time it so nice to know you can make longer passes - perhaps even the dreaded long ball - and Zamora can handle it. It's also nice knowing Dempsey wont have to play up top.

Way to go Woy and the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!