Liverpool v. Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Apr 30, 2012.

1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Nice! I'll have to give it a try. Hopefully it's not blocked at my work.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Great 'View' as always HD. Only one thing to take issue with, Ian Darke only mentioned Liverpool's weakened side and FA Cup final 267 times not the '273 times' as you reported :angelic-green: Not sure what was worse, Darke's yammering or Macca's incessant Liverpool homer commentary (to his credit he did admit to it on air). 3 points from the Merseyside double? The best in club history so the glass is more than half-full. :banana-guitar:

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'm certain it must've killed McMannaman to have to call that one. Bet he had a few pints afterwards, lol....

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Great write-up Don. I see Darke annoyed you for the same reasons I expressed in the chatroom. Wish you were there so I wouldnt have been the only grumpkin about it.

Anyone think Hangeland looked off yesterday? I know he made a couple of important saves, but I still thought he looked off.

Level on points with king kenny and crew - saweet!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mo, I've thought Hangeland has looked off in about half of our matches this year -- at least in comparison the the almost Superman-like form he's shown. There were times yesterday that I thought he looked out-of-position and slow, but he did a good job on Carroll and that sliding tackle at Maxi's feet [which I forgot to mention], was worthy of a highlight reel.

The thing that concerns me is the TONS of print devoted to "two woeful teams put in a woeful performance." I thought we played extremely well and that our tactics were sound. Only some major work by Doni kept the score down to 1-0. It's amazing how we can play away when we actually try to PLAY.

Love to get something at WHL. That would make the whole season worthwhile.