Line-up situation

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Fulhamerica1423, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Fulhamerica1423

Fulhamerica1423 New Member

When everyone of our signings are available who gets the boot? Who gets the 2nd striker spot when McBride is fully fit? Who will emerge was our back 4/5?

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Roy has said that we'll play both 4-5-1 and 4-4-2, depending upon the situation/opponent. I think EJ will get a lot of the 2nd striker starts, but McBride, Nevland, and Cousin (if he comes) will likely rotate until one really stands out.

I think Davies, Bullard, Dempsey, and Andreason are locks for starting 4 midfielders, but I think Murphy is in trouble for the 5th, when we use 5.

We may occasionally see Dempsey playing up top, alongside one of the CFs, as 2nd striker, but it doesn't seem a likely proposition.

Baird is out next week. I think Hughes, Stef, and Boca fight for the CH spot next to the Norwegian Giant, but if he doesn't start, Boca gets priority on the bench (due to flexibility).

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

agree with andypalmer's every syllable on this post.

4. Fulhamerica1423

Fulhamerica1423 New Member

I hope your Right about EJ, we need his pace, and no better chance than against a less than speedy Boro back line. I absolutely loved our Football against Villa, the whole game it was like night and day from the Bolton play. We had sustained pressure instead of hoofing it up and Dempsey running his arse off to no avail. Hangeland is an absolute beast he manhandled probably the strongest Striker (aside from Adebayor) in the PL.