LETS GO METS!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by americanmike, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Yeah, I am surprised with how the Cardinals have done as well. I am starting to become convinced that making the playoffs requires a team to be good. However, once in the playoffs, anything can happen. Luck does play a factor and in baseball if a team gets hot at the right time in the playoffs, whether they are a great team or not, they can get to and possibly win the World Series.

I am not discrediting the Cardinals at all, but I think there have been two or three other Cardinals teams over the last decade that are better than this team. However, this team has gotten timely hitting and timely pitching, which those other teams did not get in the playoffs.

It is still not over but it is getting close for Detroit. Never say never though.

2. BC

BC New Member

I agree with you; those Cardinal teams that won over 100 games seemed to be better. I think this years team had trouble because of injuries and in the playoffs they finally got almost everyone back and working well together.

Either way, I'm ecstatic today! Now if Fulham can get 3 points It'll be a perfect weekend.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

IT's a shame the Tigers lost... but this hearkens my thought back to 'body cycle', when everyone was into the mood ring stuff.

For another thing, I always thought, this season, that NL central was better than their records indicated... all the teams in contention, beating on each other, and exhausted by the time they played outside the Div.