LETS GO METS!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by americanmike, Oct 19, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Game 7, everything to play for!!!

Its been hard for me to follow any American sports but been keeping up to date on the Mets and Tigers via the MLB.com website.

Come on you Amazin's!!

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Sorry Mike, I am pulling for the Cardinals. I have a bet with a client here at work about this game. Mets win I have to buy him a fitted Mets hat. Cardinals win and he has to buy me a fitted Phillies hat of my choice. Go Cards!

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: LETS GO METS!!

Oh come on, this game is not just about Hats!! Its about the Mets winning the World Series after struggling for so long and getting a chance to step in the spot light!

:D

But I see your point Tom, I hate to lose bets.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Re: RE: LETS GO METS!!

I don't usually support teams from "Th'Apple," but I'm a long time Willie Randolph fan, my partner in the Tim and Bob Show is a huge Mets fan, and I predicted the Mets and Detroit in the Series back in August, so ... like the man said ... LET'S GO METS!

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am not a big fan of either of these teams in all honesty. The Mets are definitely the better team, but in one game anything can happen.

Mike I keep seeing commercials on Setanta for NASC, or something like that. It stands for North American Sports Channel. It is broadcast in the UK and has American sports like NFL, NBA, MLB and others. You might want to check into it.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm torn... this has been a great playoffs, and Mets will be a better ratings pull.
    All the more sweet when the Tigers take em in 5.

Maybe New Yawka's will threaten to secede again... heh!
    ;)

7. RDG

RDG Member

Re: RE: LETS GO METS!!

Tom, I knew I didn't like you from the get-go. :lol:

Ugh, the Phillies??? At least I don't hate the Cardinals (or, at least, my hatred for them has waned since the White Rat days). However, with in-laws in the Philly area, well, 'nuff said.

It was pretty amazing there last night. If the Mets don't win, I'll save a TON of money for my one WS ticket (in the left field mezzanine -- almost at the back). At least tonight's game should be interesting.

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: LETS GO METS!!

Are you Tim, or Bob? :D

I'm pulling for the Mets. But whoever advances to the W.S., I hope they lose to the Tigers.

And Tom, really? The Phillies? :D

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm Don; he's Steve. See, it makes perfect sense! :shock:

10. jmh

jmh New Member

I was at Shea last night and screamed my lungs out, the boys had better not let me down now!

11. rumstove

rumstove New Member

:? This is more confusing than Cookie's sub tactics with C.Jensen and HH...

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Rumstove, what are you doing making posts in the middle of the day? I enjoy waking up in the morning reading your posts from the middle of the night!! LOL!

13. RDG

RDG Member

COME ON YOU METS!!!!!

I was the guy in the blue Mets cap in the mezzanine. Did you see me? :3d smile:

14. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I thought I'd try something new, since I had to do some other online work. To be honest, I prefer nighttime posting...I have the forum all to myself and people aren't constantly adding new posts blah blah blah... :D

Sorry to all the Mets fans. I was cheering for the Mets. Too bad.

I hope Tom enjoys his fitted Phillies hat. Personally I'd go for the 1973-91 Cooperstown classic. Really, the Phillies? :wink:

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Rummy,
    The Phillies are one of my teams. My bro does some work for them on the side and I have started cheering for them. Anyways, I am going with the ghetto fabulous hat:

http://www.lids.com/pid/20060653

Oh and by the way, Yadier Molina is MY GUY!!!

16. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Why did I have to move here and support the Mets? Haven't I suffered enough over the years with Fulham? Somebody up there really doesn't like me.

17. RDG

RDG Member

Could be worse -- you could be a Buffalo Bills fan like me!

:3d crying:

18. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Overall I'm not much for the designer baseball caps. But, honestly, I like that one. It's ghettotastic! Good pick. :rock:

19. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Rudy - you deserve some of the blame!!!! By being a Mets fan and someone I respect, you provided affirmation that my cousin's suggestion that I become a Mets fan was a good one.

However, I still have fun wearing my Red Sox cap in Jersey just to annoy the Yankees fans.

20. BC

BC New Member

That was a great NLCS. I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan and so obviously I was glad of the outcome but I'll be honest, I didn't think the Redbirds would do this well. I actually thought they would lose to San Diego. They made quite a turnaround from their end of the season form.