Let me re-introduce myself

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Mar 1, 2017.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hello,

My name is Mike and am A NY'er born and raised and now live in the Surrey Hills of England.

I used to work for a couple of football clubs in London but gave that up to be a fan again

How did I end up in England? Boring story really.

So, who is still around these days?

Mike

SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.
  2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

The Godfather. Welcome home.

The site keeps chuggin' along with good banter and support (and a few different folks have kept it running the past couple of years) - not as much posting as in the Prem days but it is still entertaining and the supporters remain devoted.

COYW

SoCalJoe likes this.
  3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Hi Mike!

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the 'House you & Tom built'. We knew you worked for FFC for years, but what was the other club? A few of the past regulars (including the famous interviewer of Wynalda are for the most part on the Facebook FUSA page these days). Hope all is well with the family and your enjoying your new endeavor. Oh, and since we are here only because of you two, don't be shy in sharing your opinions.

5. americanmike

I'm making an concerted effort to be a fan again and want to reconnect with those FUSA'ers I lost touch with. There was a reason we set up this site and a reason it keeps going. So I appreciate that, plus I'm working on a couple of FFC initiatives so thought I'd reignite FUSA!

Speaking of which, who is currently looking after the hosting of the site? I'm assuming it is still with Dreamhost but wanted to find out to ensure the site keeps going (regardless of expense).

If you can believe it or not, I spent 8 years working at Fulham FC in various marketing roles and before that working on Chelsea FC via the advertising agency I worked for.

So how is everyone doing?

6. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

welcome back Mike, still glad you set this up years ago.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

@dcheather @MicahMan. Mike, Heather ran the site for years and Micah was nice enough to take over.

8. tim

tim Active Member

Welcome back, Mike. Great to hear from you. This site was instrumental to my growing FFC fanship years ago so I still consider myself to be in your debt.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    americanmike likes this.
  9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Ah, the Godfather returns! All we need now is for Chicago Tom and Johnny Cash to drop in!

americanmike likes this.
  10. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Currently it is still all @dcheather. We tried to get Dreamhost to let me be an administrator, but it turns out that they don't allow for co-administrators. If Heather ever gets to the point that she wants to jump out a window, I'm ready to step in, but for now she's away from the ledge.

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, you helped me get my first Fulham jersey, so thanks for that and welcome back.

americanmike likes this.
  12. americanmike

You're welcome and thanks!

Hoping I can come time to introduce fans to FFC and hoping the First Team does their job and wins some more games starting with this weekend.

13. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Hello Mike!
    I jumped on board here near the end of September, 2011. I owe you a great deal of thanks for saving our (my spouse and I) pilgrimage to the Cottage in April, 2014.
    You may recall the club instituted a policy of selling home tickets to only supporters with a booking history, ostensibly to help the team stave off relegation. Since we had no history of ANY kind with Fulham, other than my participation here, we were offered the opportunity to buy tickets thanks to your intervention. We had a great time AND we beat Norwich 1-nil, thanks to Hugo! I hope to return some day before I kick the bucket.
    Thanks for starting this site, and welcome back!

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Welcome back Mike. I've been trying not to post since Fulham's recent uptick in form--I'm just slightly superstitious.

I believe Micah and I agreed to see where the site stands after the season ends and make a call on whether it should continue, especially since GJ is behind a paywall now. The chat no longer gets used like it used to on game days since that happened. It seems to be Twitter and Facebook these days for some of the old time regulars. :(

15. FulhamDC

FulhamDC Active Member

Mike! Welcome back! How did you end up way out in the Surry Hills? Seems awfully remote for a city boy.

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

'Godfather'?
    Nope, the DADDY.
    And Tom was the Mommy... meaning handled all the little things to nurture it.
    I was lucky to be designated site babysitter for a time. Mike still did the overall site direction with Tom, And I consulted Tom regarding small changes and site content. Including the Waldo interview.

17. americanmike

My wife is from Surrey and grew up there so made sense to start to put some roots down around there. Plus, we both like our own outdoor space so buying in London was not an option!

BarryWhite likes this.
  18. americanmike

Hey Heather!

Long time no speak! Well regardless, I think everyone appreciates keeping the site going in its current form. Well I'm happy to take on some of that responsibility at the end of the season, maybe the site needs to evolve slightly but one thing is for sure, this forum and all of the posts from the very beginning are priceless; like a time capsule.

Also, my old Fulhamusa.com email address stopped working years ago and it would be nice to get it back. Is there a dreamhost login so I can set it back up?

19. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Hey all -

I heard a rumor the bandwagon was swinging back my way ;).

SoCalJoe and HatterDon like this.
  20. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Possibly