LeBron Opts Out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Jun 24, 2014.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Expected, but 2 years ago everyone knew this was coming but the odds of him leaving were practically nil. Now, there is a real possibility. He and his wife are from Aakron, and live there in the offseason. If Cleveland can deal for Kevin Love (and they got the resources to do it) it would be a pretty dynamic threesome of LeBron, Irving, & Love. Dwayne Wade's knee has left an opening, can the Cavs owner seize the moment? It might take offering up a small % of the team.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Cavs, maybe - but I can really see the Lakers swooping in for him...and Love.

3. SoCalJoe

For the love of Gawd I hope not. Just can't see him coming west. He's only interested in winning titles, and the Fake Show roster is too mediocre to beat the gauntlet that is the Western conference (even with Love). Plus would Kobe give up the reigns? Who knows, but it'd say it's 55% Miami, 35% Cleveland, 10% everyone else.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

LeBron doesn't see team the way we do. He wants to be the biggest fish, but he doesn't want to carry the weight of failure. I had great hopes for him, but he's just another Kobe Bryant.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Really... sorta cynical, innit? Couldn't you have said the same about Jordan in the Bulls' glory years? At any time there were at least 3 REALLY GOOD players on the floor.
    Not that I really care anymore. I'm just happy that LeBron's high school hype wasnt a flash in the pan, like a certain soccer player.. whose name contained an 'A', D and a U

6. SoCalJoe

Nope, couldn't of said the same thing about MJ, Fog, he was all about carrying the weight. Now I will agree that it's a bit cynical from the wise man from San Antonio to compare James to Kobe (or even to put Kobe in that perspective for that matter). LeBron is not only the best player on planet earth, but he is a consummate team player. He carried the water while the other two big names either A) didn't play 40% of the time in Wade or B) didn't bother showing up in Bosh. James had to look in envy how the Spurs kept there star players fresh while he was the guy killing himself by playing 40+ minutes a night, and always having to play the other team's best player on defense.

I'm not sure where he will end up, but the irony of the Cavs failure in the last couple of drafts playing into the possible return of LeBron is amusing. They hit a home run w/Irving, and will probably do so w/Andrew Wiggins, but the guys they have picked in between, including the No 1 overall last season was so bad (Bennett) that it put them back into the lottery. Which in turn got them to luck out and get the number 1 pick again, which in turn was WIggins, which in turn makes it a whole lot more appealing to return home for James.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

He coming back to Cleveland. Wow

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

From what I've heard,this is the mirror image of his transfer to Miami. Because of the salary cap, he took less money at Miami than he would have gotten anywhere else. This time, Cleveland dumped several players on good salaries to get him the biggest paycheck possible. I guess he really IS through with playing in the finals.

9. Clevelandmo

Too cynical Don. Even for me. He will end the drought for his "home town". And you have to give him some credit in the character department for forgiving the vitriol thrown at him from Cleveland and Dan Gilbert when he left. The Cavs only just took down Gilbert's letter from their website last week.

Between Manziel and now lebron, the circus is coming to Cleveland. Should be entertaining.

And like I said before, don't be surprised to see Lebron in a browns uniform at some point.

10. Clevelandmo

It's like this song was written for this day

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRwELMBfeEI[/youtube]

11. SoCalJoe

Don, you forget that the Cavs play in the joke that is the Eastern Conference. They already have one of the two best young point guards in the NBA (Lilliard of Portland is the other) in Kyrie Irving, and guess who Irving is really good friends with? None other than Kevin Love, who will end up in Cleveland this year or next. LeBron led Cleveland to the Finals with a total crap roster, he will take them there with a young talented one.

12. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I don't believe for one second that James cares more about the name on the front of the jersey more than his own name. King James got his max contract and Kyrie Irving with a guarantee that the Cavs will not shy away from shipping out Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love or whoever else James needed to hear to convince him that he would be a member of the Eastern Conference champs this upcoming season.