Latest Polls, Map

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spencer, May 30, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sidenote:
    FFC24, THAT las t post passes the 'pettyfog' test with flying colors.. just in case you think I 'have it in for you'.

More of this, less 'Look at Me'.

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I must first start by thanking Heather for posting that article. It was the first I heard of fivethirtyeight.com They've got a in depth formula I won't bother trying to explain but which takes into account all polls for every individual state and assigns a weight so to speak to the poll based on the pollsters past accuracy and how recent the poll is. Throw em' altogether and find make a projection. Their rep is growing, Rasmussen now lists their average with every new poll they publish.

Here's a new map by their numbers.
    [​IMG]

Now Don keeps insisting President McCain is a forgone conclusion but he's sure got a lot of ground to cover.

If you award the electoral points to the respective men for every state projected to them by 3 points or more they stand at;
    Obama 264
    McCain 224

Basically under todays scenario Obama needs to pull only one of the tan states, many of which have been trending his way. Obama seems to have support in the right places and so if it stays tight like this throughout I don't see how he won't win. 100 days to go reality is unforeseen events are to come.

I've been working on some simple turnout scenarios in some states which I hope to get on here soon.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

good stuff, Spencer. You have a future in political analysis.

Nothing has happened since I first posted the "President McCain" thread to make me think I was wrong. But that's okay, I'm comfortable with being the only person on the site who EVER thinks I'm correct about anything. :3d laughing:

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I had to laugh at this one.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hell, Don, I figgered you were going on the 'Bet against your own horse' paradigm....

Even I think Obama wins in a walk. He is the NEW definition of 'Teflon' candidate. {Among other less flattering decriptions, but heck... 'It is what it is!'