Last post of a Mil-Blogger

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jun 30, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The blog, 365 and a wakeup closes down with this

For you non-military types, the blog title refers to time until you're out of the active military. At 365 and lower, you've earned the right to call yourself a 'short-timer'

Yet this speech shows the professional and personal pride taken by most of our military in Iraq. Why THEY think they are in Iraq.

For me, it's not really remarkable.. I've been reading posts like this since the beginning. For those who think Abu Ghraib was typical, I can tell you it wasnt. So can Michael Yon.
    This guy's story is the norm.. no matter how much bitching you hear about.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Speachless!

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Outstanding. As far as what the Fog said about this not being an attitude that is par for the course, that is entirely on the mark.

4. Bradical

Bradical Member

Petty, what exactly is your agenda with this post? Are you implying that the War in Iraq is a just cause because our soldiers (such as Danjel) are brave, courageous, and honorable? And why exactly did our soldiers think that they were in Iraq in 2003? Six months after the invasion? How about in 2005?

And is my questioning of your agenda considered (Liberal, I presume) bitching?

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

How about YOU answering a question, first, Brad... where do you get your news on what is happening on the ground in Iraq?