Last chance to see Ron Paul debate

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 10, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

A Must See on Fox News.

I seriously doubt we'll be hearing from him again.. unless you listen to certain All-Night radio talk shows.

It's all due to the Trilateral Commission and their Commie-Zionist sockpuppets, ya know!

My condolences to the Democratic left, KOS, MyDD, and HuffPo... there WAS always the chance.

And you too, Don. :twisted:

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

a must see on Fox Noise -- children; now THAT's an oxymoron

3. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

Pearls of Republican wisdom from today:

“I believe the fundamentals of this economy are strong and I believe they will remain strong. This is a rough patch, but I think America’s greatness lies ahead of us,” the Arizona senator said, adding that he would make permanent President Bush’s tax cuts, which he voted against in 2001 and 2003.
    (shaking head...)

Rudy Giuliani said tax cuts would stimulate the economy, and discussed his proposal for tax cuts unveiled on Wednesday.
    “If you cut something like the corporate tax at 35 percent, you bring it down to 30 percent, you will get more revenues from that cut, because our corporate tax is the second highest in the world. If you cut some other tax, you might not get those kinds of revenues. So, the question is: What tax are you cutting? Is it anti-competitive?
    (uhhh, right....)

Ron Paul said he does believe the U.S. is in a recession.
    (not an economics major...)

But when Paul said he thinks America is just looking for an excuse to go to war with Iran, Romney responded: “I think Congressman Paul should not be reading as many of (Iranian President Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad’s press releases.”
    Paul then suggested McCain is bent on maintaining a presence in the region at all costs.
    “He thinks we should be there for a 100 years if necessary. How can he commit the young people of this world, five more generations to be in Iraq as necessary. I say it’s time to come home,” Paul said to loud applause.
    (Maybe this Paul guy is not completely nuts...)

“You’re saying now that we have to continue borrowing more money from China to finance this empire we can’t afford. Let me see if I get this right. We need to borrow $10 million from China, and then we give it to (Pakistani President Pervez) Musharraf, who is a military dictator who overthrew an elected government, and then we go to war, we lose all these lives, promoting democracy in Iraq. I mean what’s going on here? And you’re saying (I am) not appealing to Republicans?” Paul continued.
    (Sad when the most outlandish, racist, unelectable republican candidate seems to have made one of the best points tonight...)

This is why the Dems will soon be in charge. :D

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

SBG you point out what is really infuriating about Paul. He makes all these 'principled statements' that really make sense. But his detail on them dont.

The Iran speedboat incident: Asked what they thought the Commander of the task force should have done, the rest said they couldnt know but they thought he was right in not opening fire. Paul acted as though they had said they should have fired and launched into a diatribe on Bush itching to go into war with Iran.
    "What.. are you afraid of those little boats?"

USS COle, RP... USS Cole.

Best one was he said if we werent interfering, Israel would have allied with the Arab League to take out Saddam. Talk about some wild assumptions.
    The newsletter was brought up, but only a little.. seems like it's too distasteful for even a hard debate.
    HE brought up Robert Taft again.

Anyway... htere were a lot of questions on 'how would you..' so I thought it turned out pretty well.

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I'm really not sure why you think this is the last time he will be in a debate. He's placed 4th in both states and the race is no where near over. He's got more money than anyone on stage.

You got it right tho. He does make the most sense. The details that you argue about are the debatable points. He makes the most sense hands down. He is no politician, he wont lie to you, he wont pander.

Its strange to me how even tho the story has been retracted and explained people choose to still slander Dr. Paul, who instead of avoiding the issue, answered it, explained it, and took full responsibility for it.'

The USS Cole was bombed by terrorists, not a country. Tho congress says otherwise, the Iranians are not terrorists. Some terrorists might be Iranian, but not all Iranians are terrorists.

Lost in this arguement might be the idea of what is an act of war... sure if the iranians bombed the warships with their speedboat, the US has an attack, A REAL attack and can ask congress where to go from there. REMINDER: I dont want Americans to die... but if its a handful of lives to justify a possible Nuclear strike, I'll make that sacrifice.

True, but he is the ranking member of the house economic subcommittee, he has taken to task the bankers that make interest rate cut decisions, and asked them to justify their logic. You should thank him, he has brought to light a few things that would never be a national issue if he didnt get press for grilling greenspan or bernanke. He does his job.

He also won the praise of free marketeers like Milton Friedman, a nobel prize winner for, wait for it..... wait for it.... ECONOMICs, for his views on how politics, the free market, and affluence are interrelated and how his personal stand in the house is admirable.

Sorry Petty, I would have to disagree, the best is how this man has committed his political life to reading about the economy, war, foreign policy, etc... and almost none of the candidates have done the same. Blowback is a fact, yet the others on the stage refuse to acknowledge it, McCain is the biggest liar on the stage, only partially eclipsed on stage by Rudy, and flip flop Romney...

If the economy is the biggest issue then RP is your man. None of the other candidates acknowledge that we are in a economic crisis, in any form, they tell you everything is good now, but will be AWESOME in the future.... tell me how that makes them look presidential?

Some of the biggest banks in the world warn that we are in a recession everyday. Merril Lynch just wrote and arcticle about it. The UN just put out papers on the US recession and how it would affect the world economy. The dollars is worth 60% what it was a year ago. The mortgage crisis is not close to done, and housing prices drop double digits each month...

Gee... are we in a recession? Or should we ignore it and listen to GWB who barely passed "Econ 101".

I can't believe they brought up 9/11 crap in a National debate, its obvious they are attacking his voter base.... tell me why that is happening too? Is the point of the debate for the network running it to discredit the candidates? or their constituency? C'mon now...

Let me know what I'm missing here? Or am I the only one who reads materials and histories of all the candidates (except hunter).