Kraft and Liverpool

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by rumstove, Sep 14, 2005.

1. rumstove

rumstove New Member

courtesy of the BBC gossip column:

Liverpool could soon be the subject of a takeover by the Kraft family, who own American football team New England Patriots. (Mail)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 244008.stm

Yes I know this is simply gossip talk, but what's the sudden interest of NFL owners getting Premiership teams?

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Kraft has been interested in owning a EPL team for years. First, it was Aston Villa a few years back and then he was interested in Liverpool about one or two years ago. I suppose he's like any other business man and wants to expand his holdings.

BTW, he also owns the Revs--so, he probably has a genuine interest in the sport.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

interesting the source is listed as the Mail, but a search on Mail's site gets only this from last December
    Which certainly doesnt mean it isnt true... these things take time.

A prem team could do FAR worse than have Kraft take over.
    Remember fears that the Patriots management and coaching mindset might leak down to the Rev's... well, it sure has!
    Too bad NE fans dont realize it.

4. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Kraft was a diehard Patriot fan who sat for decades watching lousy teams in the most dismal and filthy stadium in the NFL. When he took over he was determined to turn things around and to his credit he did a fantastic job of it. In spite of the great season the Revs are having I'm not so sure of his commitment there - it's seems like more of a toy for his kids. They could do a much better job of promoting the team, particularly in the huge immigrant community here. If he really has an interest in Liverpool I think it's based more on his ego and making himself an international celebrity than an interest in the game.

5. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Do you get rings for winning the league title or the FA Cup? If so, maybe Putin can add to his collection.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Dan you might be right... but you have to contrast Kraft's results to Lamar's {whom i love}... no one can say that Lamar Hunt DOESNT have a love for the game, he certainly has lost enough money on it.

But his RESULTS are less than top-level.