Klinsmann USMNT Coach?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by TonyTX42, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I have more faith in Bradley than Gulati. At least Bradley has coached soccer.
    -------------------------

Not to get into a dissertation on the workings and power structure of the USSF, but in checking out Big Soccer, a lot of people seem to think that the Youth Division runs the show. Can anyone provide a "brief" summary of just what the hell is going on at the USSF?

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That's the thing nobody really knows, but I have feeling that is might have something to do with the youth teams' set-up and/or coaching selection. <--It's just a gut instinct.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I hope you are right, but my first impression, gut, and now what I am learning about the USSF say the opposite.

4. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

I'm with ya', HD. The USMNT finally has a real chance to make a big international splash, garner some instant credibility, and -- gasp -- generate some real interest here by going with Klinsmann, but instead, the USSF punts. Ugh!

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Why are people stressed out over us not signing Kilnnsman? All he did was manage a team with alot of quality to the 3rd place game in the WC and by the way they were the home team.His record below that was average. Bradley is more than capable of doing a job for the USSF as interim manager.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, I'm happy to see that PCB is as effective at banging the side of the boat over there as he is on the offal.... cant let some guys out of the house.

It's tedious alright and after nine pages of posts, nothing declared solved.

The ONE issue that I thought was interesting is the MLS quota ... I would think that would not be an issue, Arena and MLS came to an agreement that I thought was good.

Here's the point on it... if Coach pulls from MLS for some home friendlies rather than flying in the Euro's it gives them a look. If he pulls in the 'heavy hitters' for big matches, the team is the better off.

There is NO way the MLS can dictate who plays when... it's all off the cuff and best practices.

I dont see that changing.

As to the influence of the 'youth system' there may be some ego's at play after all. But they have no business dictating terms and the MLS orgs should stand firmly on that, as well. MLS is NOT beholding to USAYS, and can get along quite nicely just ignoring them. After all, Youth is pretty much ignoring MLS.

The alternative is for the senior members, College and Pros, to usurp the OD program once and for all.
    When the guys realize that, they surely would shut up.

7. BC

BC New Member

I'm utterly incensed. We had a great opportunity and we blew it. In my mind, you have to make absolutely sure that there is no way Klinsmann will walk away.

I will give Bradley a chance and if he does well, fine. But until then, I say the USSF sucks...hard.