Kentucky Derby 149

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jumpkutz, May 7, 2023.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

…is over. Two reasons I didn’t start a thread this year:
    1). I’m officially retired and spend no time at the track, behind the scenes or otherwise.
    2). The race has become all but impossible to handicap. There are a number of reasons for this, many of which I’ve enumerated in the past, but it’s gotten worse because all of those reasons have been exacerbated.
    Try the Preakness. It won’t be a stampede with too many unknown factors.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yep. I blame overhype of the Pro Team sports. More sports outlets actually reduce coverage of traditional Society type events.
    Time was with only local papers and 3 local TV stations and networks in flyover country, we actually heard results of not only the Wood Memorial but the Florida Derby In the lead up.
    Plus the younger gens dont give a crap.
    They likely have never even met a horse.

3. TitusBooker

TitusBooker New Member

It has been amazing to see how this race has evolved and what great horses have participated. Every year the Kentucky Derby brings us incredible moments and experiences, and this time was no exception. Personally, it was especially exciting for me to follow the performance of the horses as they prepared for the race. This year I paid special attention to the horse that took first place. Her performance was simply impressive, and she demonstrated the highest level of skill and endurance. Such moments make us fully immersed in the atmosphere of racing and the excitement of the sport. I also want to recognize the atmosphere and energy around the Kentucky Derby. This event brings people from all over the world to enjoy one of the most prestigious horse races and experience a unique combination of sport and style. I'm sure many of us are looking forward to the next Kentucky Derby race and are already planning our trip to enjoy this exciting event once again.