Katrina 'Big Winds Blowing'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Sep 10, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

In the aftermath; now that we have the idiot (called so simply on his ridiculous statements to the press, never mind what he might show as lack of leadership and his resume fraud) Brown out of the way, I would like to AGAIN point out that the whole story will come out when the situation is stabilised.

Well, it's already coming out and the early calls for hearings and star-panels by some disaster chasing politicos are likely to be re-thunk.

Because when light is shown on every aspect of this disaster the big losers are going to be the machine politicians... and the Red-Staters, who have a grasp of every-day life - opposed to those blue-state quasi-intellectuals who cant even manage their own investments - and who actually work in one aspect or another of some PRODUCTIVE Enterprise, will know where to point the finger.

Is there really anyone who has dealt with a Government Bureacracy that expects FEMA to act in a purely efficient and logical manner? It never has before... never mind whose administration.. so why would it now? Read up on Hurricane Floyd.

And what about those resources that FEMA DID put in place early, which Louisiana rejected?

No, the so-called Right-WingNut-Bloggers are simply NOT going to allow another "9/11 Commission" to cover up the arses of the powers-that-be.
    - How fortunate for the Dems and inside the beltway RINO wonks that Katrina came along and pushed "Able Danger" off the radar!

As to charges of Bush putting a 'political hack' in charge of a crucial federal resource, true enough and we see the results; but that differs from the previous administration, how?
    - look up 'Sandy Berger'

Surely the polls now show Bush is on the knife-edge on this; poll numbers down even more, but it's not going to prove to the benefit of the opposition; it's going to reflect distrust in -ANY- government's ability to meet adversity.

If you're of a mind to refute this, I ask you to FIRST read this
    and this

Nope.. the only winners are going to be those in the 'race biz' and outright anarchists.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Katrina

This photogallery is making the round on the internet and news media but I thougth I would post it here...it's unbelievable how it turned from minor damage to total chaos in such a short time.

link to gallery

3. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

In a post full of irrelevant comments and links to fringe blogs that contain no useful information, this statement wins the prize. What does Sandy Berger have to do with this discussion? I don't condone Berger's behavior regarding the classified documents but I'd put his qualifications and IQ way ahead of Brown's.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: Katrina

Qualifications?!!!

WHAT good are 'qualifications'? The only ones which count are based on performance... Which Brown failed. Note that FEMA's failures are based on running the drill outlined in 'the book'. Which is to say, making sure the 'i's' ar edotted and 't's" are crossed!

No, Rudy Giuliani has qualifications, and so does Bernie Kerik.. though he was undone by his Clintonesque human foibles. Too bad about that... Kerik had a good organizational record, and one has to wonder if he had been head of DHS, would Brown even have been there to BE an issue.

And those posts are only irrelevant to those who hate bush with a passion. And Who would welcome an even bigger catastrophe if it brought him down!
    And who might consider Democratic Underground and DailyKOS as reasoned publishers.

It has EVERYTHING to do with federal bureaucracies and the political hacks who run them, WHATEVER party is in power.
    - - - - - - - - -
    So how about the WPOST
    and New Yorker?

5. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

RE: Re: Katrina

All right bad choice of words - strike "qualifications" try "experience"