Kathleen Edwards

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SteveM19, May 1, 2009.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I am about as musically uncool as anyone who posts here -- that's what loving Springsteen, Johnny Cash, and Chris Ledoux will get you -- but I just found someone who apparently isn't even new, Kathleen Edwards. I heard this song on the radio yesterday and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I looked around a little more for her stuff on youtube, and Mrs. Edwards made a new fan last night.

Anyway, taking a musical recommendation from me is like taking a lesson in being a class act from John Terry, but I recommend seeing what she can do nonetheless.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I didn't see any tattoos on her ...

oh, never mind.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Okay, my take from the video's. Kristine was much better in the 'Front Porch' jam. At least it suited her better, IMO.

OTOH, I wasnt impressed with the bass riff by Barrick. Too 'creative', by half. Maybe he needed more background.

He sounds much better here. What you can make out that is... Needed a board man.

- - - - - - -
    Edwards: Well, steve.. there's opinions and there's assholes. Here's mine: Your link left me cold. Partly because it was poor quality, this version is direct hookup copy.
    I liked Cheapest Key much better.

But still not enough to pay to see her. Of course I havent paid to see or hear anybody in years... uh.. decades?

Of the two, I vote Kristine.. because it's BLUES, man!!! And Kritstine has much more range.

However... if Kathleen turns you on, that's cool. Music as we always say is subjective .. you ARE a Springsteen fan after all, and that proves it.
    :twisted:

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And, besides, I cant critique TOO much.. considering this earworm tortured me for over a year
    How about you, Don?

Don: Arf!

And speaking of Don, how come the one musician in the thread.. thus best qualified to do a critical analysis, didnt?