1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

He scored a hat-trick in his last game for Alkmaar and is now second in the league in goals scored with 14. If he continues at this pace, he likely will move to a better league, and possibly a big club, in the summer. Where would you like to see him end up? I'm not sure myself, other than I can say NOT Liverpool or Chelsea but those two probably arent realistic anyway.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Tough question to answer since the only thing we see are his goals. I'm not sure if I want him to come back to England, unless it's with a manager that can get the best out of him. If Wigan were to stay up again, I wouldn't mind him playing under Martinez.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And that's a possibility. I don't think any Prem manager pays more attention to CONCACAF nationals than Martinez.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I wonder if Martinez would remain with Wigan if they go down or he'd move elsewhere (and then poach Jozy). That being said, if AZ can get a nice return on their investment, they'll sell.

Still, I don't know if Jozy leaving will help him as much as remaining at AZ for another year.

5. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

He scored again today. 15 goals in league play and 19 across all competitions in 2012-13.

6. Clevelandmo

You may be right about what is best for him, but rumors are a lot of teams are interested in him. Besides Der Commandant made it pretty clear in his latest statement that he is not at all impressed with Jozy being in the Dutch League.

7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

The Dutch league is good for a confidence boost, but not a whole lot else. He needs to move to a higher level once his goal scoring confidence is firm. I wouldn't want to see him in the Prem next though. One more step up (ideally Germany or France) for a year or two, then to England afterward if he does well. Players from the Bundesliga and Ligue Ugh seem to transition well to the Prem on the whole while players from the Dutch league tend to take time to acclimate.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The only thing Jozy does have Matt is he knows what the Prem is about from his time at Hull. Then again, he only scored once in 28 appearances for them and failure to make an impact in England immediately this time around could mean his Prem chances are over.

9. Clevelandmo

Jozy was the target of racists chants in his Dutch cup match today. His answer - a goal, an assist, and he persuaded the ref not to stop the match after several warnings to the fans did not end the racial abuse. The USA has a first class striker who is also a first class gentlemen

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/01...abuse-leads-az-to-romp-over-fc-den-bosch.html

I dont understand why security cant just go into the stands and kick the offenders out, why stop the match. Is it so widespread that's not possible.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

:clap:

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Class, Jozy, pure class. I'm proud that he's representing our country in Holland. Good lad.

13. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Good attitude and well handled.