Jokanovic

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Dec 17, 2015.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.footballinsider247.com/e...okanovic-approach-and-have-back-up-candidate?

Maybe starting a new thread and putting a candidate's name in the title might do the trick for a new Head Coach.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Anybody else thinks that the bookies get a friendly reporter to bring up a new name every time betting levels off --just to get the money flowing again?

SoCalJoe likes this.
  3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hit the nail on the head HD.

4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me Don. But at the same time, I'm pretty certain that Rigg and company are continuing to pursue options and this Wayne Veysey guy seems to have had the most credible information over the last month.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://the72.co.uk/42153/fulham-talks-jokanovic/?

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Rumblings across the water that this one might actually be the truth.

Believe when see

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Interesting.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

9. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Anyone else questioning the wisdom of chasing a guy who left Watford over money, given our notoriously tightwad tendencies in negotiating?

Are there really no up & coming manager prospects in the 3rd or 4th division or abroad that we could comfortably afford? I can't help but lament missing out on Bob Bradley who would have seemingly been perfect for us had we been in a position to pursue him when he came available. He probably wasn't even on the club's radar anyway.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I think he was already on his way to France when Kit was let go.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

And yes I had those exact thoughts when I saw Jokanovic left Watford for the reason you mentioned. Seems like a true mercenary coach. I don't know why Fulham was so intent in trying to pry away managers that were already employed in the middle of the season. Waiting to do all this until summer would have been best, but too late now.

12. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

13. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I really hope this works. I really do.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm already seeing posts on Facebook saying that this signing guarantees League 1 football for us next season. :facepalm:

15. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Haters gonna hate. His track record speaks for itself. If it continues, I'll gladly renounce my condemnation of Khan.

16. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Jokanovic has half a season to turn things around, but even if he manages to recreate the success he had at Watford, Fulham would finish with about 66 points. That would have been good enough for 10th place last year and 12 points out of the playoffs. If that is the situation under a pretty good scenario then I think we are guaranteed a Spring of continued dissatisfaction from Fulham supporters.

Last year to make the playoffs, teams needed 78 points. To get 78 points this year Fulham would need 54 points from the second half: a 17 - 3 - 3 record for the remaining 23 matches. To put that into perspective, top of the table Derby has only managed 47 points in the first half of the season. Barring a miracle finish, even the opportunity to get to the playoffs is beyond our reach this season.

The playoffs are just not realistic and I'd like to think that this team can easily avoid relegation if they simply get some consistency again. My hope is that people can look beyond table position and try to look at if Jonkanovic improves play. I'd be thrilled with a win record over 50%. Cutting down our goals against by 1/3rd would be nice too - about 27 for the remainder of the season. Those would be positive signs for 2016-17. If we continue to lose more than we win and we're still fretting about relegation in April, then I think we're looking at another change over the summer.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, if we could have gotten him the day after we fired Kit, we might have had a chance for promotion, but I still believe that next season is the time for us.

18. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The process went as smoothly has root canal without novocaine. I suspect Mr. Jokanovic will move along sooner rather than later, but as long as he pushes the squad up the table with a legit chance for the playoffs next season it will be worth it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I fell off the wagon during this coaching search (umm, that's what I state under oath). Here's to the good, and a 4-1 result (which is the proper outcome that should have occurred) in the first match makes me "not unpleased." Come on you friggin' Whites in the new year!!!!!!!!!!

ChicagoCottager likes this.
  20. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I should have taken a break from Fulham sites sooner....good new coaching hire & a win while I was away. COYW's!!!

nevzter likes this.