John Collins resigns as Hibs manager

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by richardhkirkando, Dec 20, 2007.

1. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 96,00.html

Not sure what to make of this, the timing is right for him to take either the (possible) job at Fulham, or the vacant Scotland job. I'd love to see him back with Fulham, but honestly I don't think he's ready yet. Sacking an inexperienced Sanchez for an inexperienced Collins is a lateral move IMO. Some of the other forums are talking about Tigana coming back in some capacity too.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Can't believe the rumors that have been flying around on all of the Fulham boards. Talking about Sanchez getting sacked, John Collins coming in with Tigana as the director of football.

Scotland FA have supposedly said it has nothing to do with them thus the FFC related talk just took off. Honestly though, one of the supposed suppliers of info is one of my sources and HIGHLY reliable but all looks like a suspicious wind up!

With that said, John Collins is Fulham through and through and Tigana had us playing the best football we have ever played in our history (bar the last 5 games he was in charge).

3. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Would much rather see Tigana come back than Collins, to be honest. I know Chairman Mo and Tigana had a nasty falling out after they parted ways, but he was still a pretty good manager.

Either way, Collins probably has his eyes on the Scotland job.

4. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

If he's not going to manage Scotland, I just don't know what other reason he may have for resigning. There were some reports awhile back that he had fallen out with a number of players, but it seemed like that situation was resolved.

Agreed that the Tigana talk is silly, but if he and MAF really are on good terms now, I wouldn't be surprised if he did come back. Stranger things have happened (See: Harry Redknapp).

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i'm confused, soccernet cites he left because he was "being denied substantial funds to strengthen his squad."

yet like two days ago the hibs announced they were building brand new facilities?

this smells funny.

6. krhimself

krhimself New Member

7. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

I think John Collins is the perfect man for the job. He seems like a Chris Coleman type guy. Ex-Fulham players, pinched purse at Hibernian and still keeping them in the top half of the SPL. Sounds a lot like Fulham under Coleman. But I'm still sad that Hibernian lost him. They're my second favorite club after Fulham, and they've just been in a freefall over the past few weeks.