JK's 24 for Ukraine in Cyprus

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's the whole squad

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-Natio ... oster.aspx

Here's the squad:
    U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION – DETAILED ROSTER
    GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (Southampton), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton)
    DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Oguchi Onyewu (Sheffield Wednesday), Will Packwood (Birmingham City), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers)
    MIDFIELDERS (8): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Brek Shea (Barnsley), Danny Williams (Reading)
    FORWARDS (6): Juan Agudelo (Utrecht), Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar)

No Spector or Lichaj, but Gooch and Ream are back. Green will train, but not play.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Thanks HD. Other than Besler, Gonzalez and the dude with hair from Sporting KC, this is looking like Der Kommissar has decided his squad for the most part.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

No Johnny Spector. I guess the scout was there to watch Will Packwood after all. :cry:

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

It was only Spector's first game since the beginning of October. I bet he would have been called in, especially over Morales, if he was playing more and healthy.

5. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Definitely a worthy bunch... aside from Castillo. Not sure why Klinsmann keeps calling on him, and it's especially baffling as to why he's calling him half way around the world for two days practice and one match.

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Man, I guess I don't keep up with this enough. There are 3 guys I've never heard of (Brooks, Packwood, Green) and I didn't know Jones had moved to Besiktas. From captaining Schalke to Besiktas in a couple of months...that can't be good.

7. astroevan

Green is a youngster that I am very interested in. I think he's a dual citizen with Germany but hasn't been locked up by either country yet. Anyone who made their debut in a Champions League match for Bayern Munich as an 18 year old is a player that the US needs.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Packwood has worked his way through the U-18s. Jones used up his last bit of patience in Germany. He's lucky he got this gig.

9. LaxAttack

He has played with Germany's U-19 team in a Euro qualifier so he is provisionally cap-tied to Germany. In order to play in a game for the US (he is only doing training this time around), he has to file a FIFA one-time switch.

10. LaxAttack

Yeah, Jones had yet another falling out with Schalke so they sent him out on loan to Turkey.

Packwood likely would have been with the US U-20 team last year at the U-20 World Cup, but he broke his leg and came back to playing this past fall.

John Brooks is another young (21) German-American who plays at Hertha Berlin. He has played a little with the Germany's U-20/U-21 team, but chose the US last summer.

11. LaxAttack

12. LaxAttack

And now Spector has been called in.

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

:banana-gotpics: :character-koolaid: :flags-waveusa: :greetings-clappingyellow: :romance-admire: :romance-adore: :romance-heartbeating: :romance-hearteyes: :romance-heartsfade: :romance-heartsthree: :romance-heartstiny: :romance-inlove: :romance-kisscheek: :romance-romance: :romance-smileyheart:

14. astroevan