Jim Smith, former Crew GM, on short list for OSU AD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 6, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Now the Atlanta Falcons' VP of Marketing He followed his Crew predecessor, Jamey Rootes, into a key executive position in the NFL.

Both have been very successful in the "Bigs"... a real kudo for Lamar Hunt's organization.

Smith will have his work cut out for him, if he gets the position, after the mess let fester by Andy Geiger who is leaving in June.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am stealing someone's line here but whomever gets this job will definiteyl have to bring his/her mop to clean this mess up. Unfortunately for Ohio State fans this is only gonna get worse as an investigation gets started. Pettyfog, if things continue in the same direction in terms of illegal activities in the football program, do you think Tressel will get the sack?

3. pettyfog

Not at any cost!

Reality has to set in at some point.
    To cause OSU to fire Tressel would mean that the NCAA is giving OSU the severest sanction possible.... and it would only result in other schools besieging him with offers.

As I said in the related thread, this has to be dealt with- but to come down TOO severely on Ohio State would cause some REALLy bad repercussions.

I was kidding about ME starting a ruckus, but there's OSU Alumni out there that can blow the whistle on other schools.

Thin line, wot!

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

When all is said and done, what kind of a punishment do you see Ohio St receiving?

5. pettyfog

At worst... one year no postseason.. that would be a shame, too. They're real contenders for another national Championship next year

6. pettyfog

RE: Re: Jim Smith, former Crew GM, on short list for OSU AD

Unless they find out about that contract put out on Clarett

;)