Jesse Helms Dead

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Jul 4, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's the link:

Although I disagreed strongly with most things he favored, and I was glad to see him retire, I continue to have respect for the reverence he had for the Senate and his realization of the importance of it. He cared deeply about this country, and in a time when 98 senators occupied the safe middle, only he and his best friend Howard Metzenbaum [D, Ohio, and his mirror on the extreme left] cared enough about issues not to worry how they looked in the polls. Neither cared about electoral politics. They just wanted to do what was right as they saw it.

So, to an honest, consistent, conservative, "see ya, Jesse; thanks for dropping by."

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Thanks Don for putting it in a better fashion than I could. Bless Mr Helms and hius family.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: Jesse Helms Dead

Goodbye. And good luck.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: Jesse Helms Dead

Helms and Metz.... good point Don.

Two maddening coots. Them was politicians of the old school. {I despised Metz and Helms often P.Od me.. but you knew where they stood}

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Well, I didnt know much detail about Helms; only know the stereotype. However, given the day he passed, he is now in the company of two very significant and different founders and servants of our great nation - Adams and Jefferson. RIP Senator Helms.